Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts

My recent best effort (predominantly flat road).

UK so not US gallons - with a passenger and full luggage however, so possibly could squeeze a little more.

6MT/Sport mode.

·
Registered
134 Posts
70 imperial gallons is equal to 84 us gallons according to the calculator app on my phone.
That's incredible. I never would've thought any CR-Z could get to 80mpg at all, at least not without modifications. That's double what I'd get for driving normally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's incredible. I never would've thought any CR-Z could get to 80mpg at all, at least not without modifications. That's double what I'd get for driving normally.
Yeah, combination of speed restricted motorway, pulse/glide, truck draft and an emptyish tank. I'm not sure I believe it to be honest as I never get anything like this usually.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The conversion I did was just straight up 70 IMP Gallons is equal to 84 US gallons. That does not convert to 84 MPG.

1 IMP Gallon is 1.2 US gallons. So he would be getting less than 70 US MPG. If I did the math right, it would be around 58 US MPG. Still I would love to see 58 MPG on my car!!

Someone better at math check me and correct me if I am wrong. I have never been great at math.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The conversion I did was just straight up 70 IMP Gallons is equal to 84 US gallons. That does not convert to 84 MPG.

1 IMP Gallon is 1.2 US gallons. So he would be getting less than 70 US MPG. If I did the math right, it would be around 58 US MPG. Still I would love to see 58 MPG on my car!!

Someone better at math check me and correct me if I am wrong. I have never been great at math.

I did think this too, as whenever I find a US spec page on the CRZ it's reported as having lower mpg. I was waiting for someone else to say so lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately my CRZ is not equiped with cruise control...I do not have such option.

Regarding the effectiveness of cruise control, considering my 1.8 honda civic 2007, indeed it makes the difference in short and long voyages, in terms of consumption.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Unfortunately my CRZ is not equiped with cruise control...I do not have such option.

Regarding the effectiveness of cruise control, considering my 1.8 honda civic 2007, indeed it makes the difference in short and long voyages, in terms of consumption.
I thought all CR-Zs have cruise control stock guess it is different in Greece.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
I thought all CR-Zs have cruise control stock guess it is different in Greece.
In Colombia, where I'm from, Cruise Control is also quite rare. Also, safety features such as ABS and Airbags are considered "luxury items", so many cars don't have airbags, and those which do have it are taxed more heavily.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Thank you. I learn so much from the world wide members here. I presume each market is modified based on all of these factors. US market for CR-Zs had few options but all had cruise control, ABS, airbags and other safety features. I did not know other markets had less. Thank you again!

In Colombia, where I'm from, Cruise Control is also quite rare. Also, safety features such as ABS and Airbags are considered "luxury items", so many cars don't have airbags, and those which do have it are taxed more heavily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Greece as optional items are: cruise control, heated seats, sunroof, tyre pressure, gps navigation, auto folding wing mirrors.

In standard equipment we have : Abs, traction control, hill assist, parktronic, xenon, auto clima, 8 airbags, spare emergency tyre.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the Netherlands (and Germany I think) there are three trim levels: S, Sport, and GT. Only the most expensive GT trim level is equipped with cruise control.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts