Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
It's still a youngster! I keep my total mileage hidden from view, so I'm not reminded of how many miles I'm racking up, so I never seem to catch it at the exact XX,000 miles mark. :smile2:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
It's still a youngster! I keep my total mileage hidden from view, so I'm not reminded of how many miles I'm racking up, so I never seem to catch it at the exact XX,000 miles mark. /forum/images/CRZForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I joked with my wife that her '09 Accord was finally just getting broken in the last time I had the oil changed because it's just about to hit 100,000 miles. Same will be for the Z. I was a little OCD about the mileage this time around because prior to my CR-Z ownership it had been a long time since I had a warranty. Counting my purple one I had a little over 2 straight years of coverage. ? Now that it's up, it won't matter near as much. Total miles will be checked only about as frequently as the maintenance minder tells me stuff is due and when I do my winter/spring wheel swapping.

It's still a youngster! I keep my total mileage hidden from view, so I'm not reminded of how many miles I'm racking up, so I never seem to catch it at the exact XX,000 miles mark. :smile2:
Tell me about it, I bought the car with 18k miles on it in October and already I am in the 23k miles.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I'm 9 months 17 days into ownership of mine and right at 15k on it so far. In a years time I may come close to 20k. I'm hoping for 250k out of it. Then maybe myself and the car can retire.
I've still got a week or so before I hit the official 1 year anniversary with THIS Z. Over 19,000 of the 36,000 total miles are mine.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I'm gonna cry. Mine is at 108k and I got her with 11k lmfao I got her used in 2013 lol. @CuteZ 5 months with 8k isn't bad though
Sounds about right. These cars are meant to be driven, and we like driving them.

Sounds about right. These cars are meant to be driven, and we like driving them.
I for sure love driving mine and I cannot wait till the Dragon...also I hope to find some local car groups/meets.

Reactions: Fediej
Discussion starter · #31 · (Edited)
I'd say the Nokian winter tires are probably every bit as good as we've read and heard, if you can afford them. I got them used and cheap and I would rank them nearly as good as new Bridgestone Blizzaks, a little better than new General Arctic Altimax, a couple steps better than Firestone Winterforce, and quite a bit better than used Blizzaks. When it's time to replace them(should have one more winter on them) we'll see what my budget says. The Generals have been pretty good for us too, and they're usually much more wallet friendly.
To update this little review for the benefit of @96firephoenix and anyone else interested in planning ahead for the next season's worth of fluffy white/slushy grey/frigid cold:
As good as this set of Nokian Hakkapallitas have been traction wise, they are extremely sensitive to anything above about 45-50 degrees F. I put nearly 10,000 miles on these tires each of the last 2 winters (apx 20000 total) and barely used 1/32 of tread depth off the front tires, nothing off the rears. During my 400(ish) mile road trip to Iowa and back when it was 50+ degrees that day? The rubber powder caked the outside of my front fenders when I got home. Almost 4/32 shredded off the fronts. I know that winter tires don't like warmer temps, but I don't know that any other major brand is quite that sensitive. As previously mentioned, I did get this set of tires used, so I don't know how the previous owner maintained them and if that would have anything to do with this. At this point I don't know if I'll be getting another set, we'll see what my budget is come October/November this year. Right now my focus is on finding wheels/tires for Spring/Summer/Fall.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
To add to the above post: Even though I have 2 tires that currently have tread depth measuring at 3/32, they are not hitting the wear bars yet, still have all of their siping, and still grip well in a fair amount of snow, rain and even icy conditions. I've had Blizzaks with deeper rubber but all the siping gone, leaving the tread blocks baby butt smooth, and worthless for any kind of inclement weather driving.

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)

New Armerest! Fits in "Big Gulp" cup holder. Overall it sits a little bit forward of the Zeta and is probably at least 1.5 times as wide. Top pad slides forward and rotates, cover lifts up for internal storage, even has a built in can holder. Most important though, the Red stitching matches my steering wheel and shifter.

Discussion starter · #34 · (Edited)
With help from my father-in-law and his hoist I took out the restrictive 2nd cat and installed the Kamispeed 2.5" flex pipe. Slight change in exhaust note from inside the cabin, especially coming off throttle between 5000-4000 rpms. Wife said it's a little louder outside the car. Not sure that I noticed any gains with the ol' butt dyno though.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Removed the Kamispeed flex pipe and reinstalled the OEM catalytic converter. Overall the sound with the HPD exhaust is a little louder than with the cat delete but not obnoxious, the tone is deeper and the sound is coming from the back of the car, instead of the middle. My father-in-law said it sounds good from outside too, and he's a V8 guy.
As far as the missing tips are concerned, as cool as they are I just don't like how much the HPD diffuser sticks out from the bumper. The word "prolapsed" comes to mind. I thought about trying to somehow keep the stock diffuser and cut away just enough for clearance like @ITEM9 but his was with the early bumper. Someone else did it with a 2016 and that turned out really sweet but for me since I also really like having the hitch the tips ultimately had to go. Might sell them, might end up as garage art, time will tell.

Discussion starter · #37 · (Edited)
Installed the Mugen grille I got from @silent0ne714 . Grille was designed for the 11-12 front end so it took some... modification, to fit my 2015. All in all it turned out pretty good, and is way better than the broken oem one that I had. Stupid trash panda.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Not saying that is was excessive before but An Interesting (to me) bonus effect of the tailpipe extension is that by moving the exit point of the exhaust outside of the bumper the Drone level that I hear from inside the car has been substantially reduced.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.