Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone please confirm for me that Im not going crazy... I've poured over hundreds of pics of the CR-Z :drool: and I think there is a difference between the USDM 17" rims and the ones the rest of the world gets....

here are the ones from the states:

and here are a set from elsewhere:

now is it just me.... or do the ones on the bottom appear to be two-toned? like the insides are a bit darker than the surfaces facing outward.. ?? why would there be this difference?

i totally love the 2-toned ones waaaaaay better :sadwavey:

mine should be here some time this week, and i've got the 17's.... and i dont know which set to expect!!! :cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well spotted ;-) . The bottom ones are exclusively for EU, have a special, carbon textured center cap and a dark window paint. They are produced in Europe as well.
Rest of the world gets the upper ones, which are made in JPN. They have a classic center cap, look skinnier but are a tad lighter as well.
You'll get the upper ones in your case.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone know all the specs for the Honda 17" rims? Width, offset, I think the bolt pattern must be a 5x114 and I think the hub size is 64.5mm...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well from what I've researched the Honda 17" wheel is a 5x114 bolt pattern, 17"x7", 64.1mm hub bore, just looking for the offset now....

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Honda 17" Rims (US)

SPECIFICATIONS
Rim size 17 x 6 1/2 J (inset 45)
Tire size 205/45R17 88Y
Bolt hole PCD 114.3 (5 holes)
Tire pressure
Front 230kPa (2.3 kgf/cm2, 33 psi)
Rear 230kPa (2.3 kgf/cm2, 33 psi)

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Anyone knows the weight of the US wheel?

Still, $2K for a set of decent looking 17s, and that's when replacing a set of 16s - does not really compute.
you do get to keep the stock 16" wheels to do whatever you like... sell them for $400-500 and that makes the 17s about $1,500-$1,600 set and that's also with tires... tires alone will run you at least $120/each and if u subtract tire price you get $1020-$1120 and divide that by 4 and you're only paying around $255-$280 for each wheel...

that's decent considering that price can be included in the financing if you're going that route... just some perspective for ya :popcorn:

·
Registered
674 Posts
You mean if you add the 17" option, the dealer hands you your set of 16" wheels and tires? I didn't know that was the case. Are you sure about that?

A set of nice looking OEM 17s (especially if they are not heavy) is worth $1500 - they sell for about $1200 without tires from online Honda accessory places.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
to the best of my knowledge yes, you get your OEM wheels back... this is an ADDED accessory so you essentially pay for the car with original wheels, then you pay for the added wheels... so the original wheels are yours and SHOULD be given back to you if you ask... but if you don't ask, they won't tell u it's yours...

ask CRzKly (COTM winner), i believe he has a set selling in the Classified section b/c he added the 17's as an option...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
to the best of my knowledge yes, you get your OEM wheels back... this is an ADDED accessory so you essentially pay for the car with original wheels, then you pay for the added wheels... so the original wheels are yours and SHOULD be given back to you if you ask... but if you don't ask, they won't tell u it's yours...

ask CRzKly (COTM winner), i believe he has a set selling in the Classified section b/c he added the 17's as an option...
Yea, you have to work it into the deal. Won't be something the dealer normally volunteers. Their looking for each and every dollar they can make. Or you can ask for a discount letting them keep the 16" tires and rims. It is a bargaining point for a savy buyer.

R/Scott

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.