Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

461 - 472 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Time to take it to a trained professional. So much can be electronically related. Wondering if you jostled something loose during your motor mount swap.
It's possible. Car ran great even after the motor mount swap. I did get some vibration from the stiffer mounts but that was about it...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Time to take it to a trained professional. So much can be electronically related. Wondering if you jostled something loose during your motor mount swap.
It's possible. Car ran great even after the motor mount swap. I did get some vibration from the stiffer mounts but that was about it...
Wonder if the vibration may have loosened something.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Is it now mysteriously drive-able? With the crank position sensor ( not saying that is your issue) after I sat on the side of the road the car was able to be driven onto the Flatbed. Since I already had called the tow truck and did not want to dive across many lanes of traffic again with no ability to drive I had it taken to the dealer and repaired. Yours needs a visit to a shop obviously something went wrong and it needs looked at.

I checked for codes with my scan tool. No codes and "check transmission" message is gone.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Is it now mysteriously drive-able? With the crank position sensor ( not saying that is your issue) after I sat on the side of the road the car was able to be driven onto the Flatbed. Since I already had called the tow truck and did not want to dive across many lanes of traffic again with no ability to drive I had it taken to the dealer and repaired. Yours needs a visit to a shop obviously something went wrong and it needs looked at.
I agree. I've already contacted my speed shop for options. It's still not drivable despite the message dissapeering. It's likely that the CVT band snapped because the car acts like it's in park or neutral when in d or r... Who knows why it snapped. Could have overheated or something else was the cause.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm hoping for a simple solution for you....plan for the worst and hope for the best :)

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
I'm hoping for a simple solution for you....plan for the worst and hope for the best :)

Absolutely. I'm keeping a positive outlook. At least the Mustang isn't in the shop for repairs. It will be FAST when I pick it up this week...

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts

I agree. I've already contacted my speed shop for options. It's still not drivable despite the message dissapeering. It's likely that the CVT band snapped because the car acts like it's in park or neutral when in d or r... Who knows why it snapped. Could have overheated or something else was the cause.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
Reactions: CuteZ and Spdbump

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
Well... A light at the end of the tunnel for ZOOM. The shop that has done so much work on the Z found me a CVT with 20k miles for about $860 and it comes with a 1 year warranty as a bonus... They can get the car back on the road within the next couple of weeks. The Mustang should also be done either today or tomorrow as well... Things are looking good for the Z...

Reactions: Fediej and Spdbump

·
Registered
445 Posts
That's great news!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
That's great news!

I am going to have the shop dissect the old CVT to find out the cause of the failure. Maybe I will have some pictures of the carnage.

Reactions: CuteZ and Spdbump

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
And here I thought I was done modding ZOOM. She's getting a Koyorad radiator and an aftermarket CVT cooler since the Koyorad doesnt have provisions for the OEM CVT cooler.

461 - 472 of 472 Posts