Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

401 - 420 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Getting stainless steel brake lines installed next weekend. 10 year HS reunion is next Friday so... I get to do that and then install the brake lines on Saturday with my dad.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Just got a callback from the performance shop... They quoted me about $2,400 to do Sprintex, injectors, plugs and Dyno tune. They said about 3 days to complete the install and tune.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Spoon swaybar is getting installed tomorrow. I've also got everything needed to install the Sprintex. I'm going to see about getting that scheduled tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be running the Sprintex in time for the holidays.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Spoon swaybar is on. Sooooo much stiffer in the front. I'll be running the Sprintex before veterans day weekend. Looks I'll be hitting up the dragon next year again with a Sprintex Z. Would be nice if Litz and Holly brought out the Sprintex Z next year.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
...Would be nice if Litz and Holly brought out the Sprintex Z next year.
Yeah, I might bring that one out next year instead of the 6-Speed/HPD. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
I wasn't going to take next Wednesday off... However, I decided that i'd like to be there when the Z is dynoed incase any issues crop up during the tuning. I'd also like to get video footage of it. So psyched. Only 1 more week untill I'm boosted.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
I wasn't going to take next Wednesday off... However, I decided that i'd like to be there when the Z is dynoed incase any issues crop up during the tuning. I'd also like to get video footage of it. So psyched. Only 1 more week untill I'm boosted.
Got everything they need for the install and tune? The OEM MAP sensor can fit in the Sprintex without much problem, but it is a slightly different size, so you'll need a fatter O-ring (plus, you'll have to oval out the mounting bolt hole in the sensor just enough to get the bolt to go in perpendicularly, so not to cross-thread the bolt. (notes about that in my build thread or the sprintex thread.) I'm about as excited as you are! :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Got everything they need for the install and tune? The OEM MAP sensor can fit in the Sprintex without much problem, but it is a slightly different size, so you'll need a fatter O-ring (plus, you'll have to oval out the mounting bolt hole in the sensor just enough to get the bolt to go in perpendicularly, so not to cross-thread the bolt. (notes about that in my build thread or the sprintex thread.) I'm about as excited as you are! :)
Yes. I've got everything. I did a test fit on the map sensor and it fits perfectly no issues in the OEM spot on the intake elbow. I removed the heat shield from the hood. It's old and started to crack in many places. I just need to address the issue of modifying the hood to provide clearence with the Sprintex contact point. The shop will let me see the last couple pulls on the Dyno so I'll hopefully get some footage of that. Car is running 93 pump and I'll top off with more before I leave it at the shop.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
Yes. I've got everything. I did a test fit on the map sensor and it fits perfectly no issues in the OEM spot on the intake elbow...
That means you're tuning yours differently (and you can still tune it that way, but I wanted the sensor to see boost....) I cut & pasted the notes I had in my build thread about it below:

[EDIT here]--added MAP sensor location after final tune. KTuner modified/updated the software to add a check box to disable the BARO (P2227) DTC that we were getting with the sensor mounted on the boost side.
This pic shows the Sprintex/piggyback MAP sensor on the boost side of the intake, which will be replaced with the OEM sensor which was mounted on the elbow intake tube (now plugged/covered.)

OEM MAP sensor (below, left) is slightly smaller than the Sprintex's sensor (right,) so you have to find an o-ring with a slightly larger outside diameter, but with the SAME inside diameter as the OEM o-ring. I found one at the local hardware store, but it was a very tight fit and had to be persuaded into place without changing the hole size in the manifold.

Close-up of difference in o-ring size...

Note that the mounting bolt hole is slightly off-centered, so you'll have to drill a slight oval shape to the hole to get the mounting bolt in (taking car NOT to cross-thread the bolt, since the larger o-ring pulls the alignment a bit more off-center.)

Route OEM sensor wire underneath the intake pipe, and plug into new sensor location. Needed to open up the OEM wire harness/wrap to get a little more slack for it to reach without pulling the wiring too tightly.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
That means you're tuning yours differently (and you can still tune it that way, but I wanted the sensor to see boost....) I cut & pasted the notes I had in my build thread about it below:

[EDIT here]--added MAP sensor location after final tune. KTuner modified/updated the software to add a check box to disable the BARO (P2227) DTC that we were getting with the sensor mounted on the boost side.
This pic shows the Sprintex/piggyback MAP sensor on the boost side of the intake, which will be replaced with the OEM sensor which was mounted on the elbow intake tube (now plugged/covered.)

OEM MAP sensor (below, left) is slightly smaller than the Sprintex's sensor (right,) so you have to find an o-ring with a slightly larger outside diameter, but with the SAME inside diameter as the OEM o-ring. I found one at the local hardware store, but it was a very tight fit and had to be persuaded into place without changing the hole size in the manifold.

Close-up of difference in o-ring size...

Note that the mounting bolt hole is slightly off-centered, so you'll have to drill a slight oval shape to the hole to get the mounting bolt in (taking car NOT to cross-thread the bolt, since the larger o-ring pulls the alignment a bit more off-center.)

Route OEM sensor wire underneath the intake pipe, and plug into new sensor location. Needed to open up the OEM wire harness/wrap to get a little more slack for it to reach without pulling the wiring too tightly.
I didn't test in the other location. I'll have to check that out. Just one more thing to have the shop address for me. It would be nice for the sensor to see boost. I'm hoping to get the 3 gauge pod mounted in the spring with a boost gauge.

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
I didn't test in the other location. I'll have to check that out. Just one more thing to have the shop address for me. It would be nice for the sensor to see boost. I'm hoping to get the 3 gauge pod mounted in the spring with a boost gauge.
Yeah, the OEM sensor & o-ring is a little smaller than the port in the sprintex, so whatever they come up with to keep it from leaking is good. Also, the bolt is of a different type thread than the OEM placement, so I used the bolt that came with the sprintex's sensor....
You'll still have an extra port for your boost gauge. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
She's at the shop getting the sprintex installed. Tuning to finish on Thursday. I'll be ready to slay the dragon next summer with you guys. Also getting my Seibon hood Saturday...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
After some trial and error... The shop finally found a belt size that fits with the Sprintex. They had to modify a belt to 4 rib to make it work. As of next Friday ZOOM will be officially boosted. So happy to finally join the Sprintex family!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Picking the car up on Friday!!! Gonna be a fun weekend tossing around the Sprintex Z. Weather has beeen soooo cold that Ill be putting back on the stock wheels with the All season tires. Those tires still have tons of tread left on them. Maybe next Winter I can get some steelies with Winters on 17's...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Stick with 16s for winter, or even drop to a 15 inch wheel/tire combo if you have the brake clearance. Your wheels (and back) will thank you when you hit the winter potholes. And your bank account will like the cheaper tire prices too.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Stick with 16s for winter, or even drop to a 15 inch wheel/tire combo if you have the brake clearance. Your wheels (and back) will thank you when you hit the winter potholes. And your bank account will like the cheaper tire prices too.
for sure can not fit the RSX-S brakes under 15" wheels. I run 16" winter, 17" summer.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
for sure can not fit the RSX-S brakes under 15" wheels. I run 16" winter, 17" summer.
Yep. Ive got the Powerstop kit with the RSX Type-S calipers. My stock wheels have some noticable curb rash but theyll work for Winter driving...

401 - 420 of 453 Posts