Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" Honda Motor Co said its Thai plant remains underwater as flooding in the centre of the country worsens, closing down 4.7 percent of its global output in a disaster that is hammering other Japanese firms that have made the nation their Southeast Asian production hub. Among Japan's big three automakers, Honda risks losing the most from the floods. ..."

Honda's Thai production underwater ...

Thailand's Flooding Death Toll Rises ... Waters Threaten Honda Plant

Google News: thailand flood honda

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah man this sucks. My heart goes out to everyone in Thailand. The flooding's been going on since freakin' July!

My Honda dealer said the earthquakes in Japan back in March screwed up CR-Z production as well...there were only 2 CR-Z's at the dealer's. Asia's getting pounded, it sucks. Economically and environmentally

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I got sadden that there was only 1 new CR-Z left in my area because of this I can't even imagine how people who were actually affected feel about this. Hopefully they get back on their feet soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yup...

... and I have verification from my dealer that we won't see any U.S. CR-Zs until January at the earliest because of it (my car's on order and was supposed to be on a boat in the Pacific by now). The plant in question makes fuse box and ECU assemblies for CR-Zs and several other models.

SEVERE bummer.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Honda Canada reports today that production at all Honda's North American facilities is to be back to pre-flood production levels by December 1st.
So hopefully the supply chain issues for other assembly plants have also been resolved or will be soon.

Source: http://hondacanada.ca/MediaSite/en/Corporate/Story.asp?id=572

·
Registered
1 Posts
So hopefully the supply chain issues for other assembly plants have also been resolved or will be soon.
Honda Canada reports today that production at all Honda's North American facilities is to be back to pre-flood production levels by December 1st.

translation services uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts