Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Same price here or close, but legit. Idk about ebay ones. With all the scams and fakes out there. I actually plan to get these springs after the holiday season is over. The h. techs give me the drop im looking for w/o sacrificing ride quality and comfort.

Honda 2011 CR-Z (ZF1) Tein H-Tech Springs (SKHA6-G1B00)|Tein H-Tech Lowring Springs|Tein Japaqn JDM Suspension Systems

Tein H-Tech Honda CR-Z Lowering Springs SKHA6-G1B00

or here..
144 here free - shipping
Tein High Tech Springs Honda CR-Z 2011+: Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man, you're a life saver.

Although, the details shown of a lower drop from the rear than the front kind of puts me off. Or does the weight of the engine balance this out, so it won't go noticeable?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Believe it or not, the rear sits higher than the front stock. Go out and do the finger test. You'll notice you can get more fingers or a hand actually in the rear than the fronts. The H. techs will lower the car evenly and compensate for the stock difference in height. Other springs ive seen lower the car, but leave the rear still higher than the front. I dont like that look at all. I was looking around for springs that compensated for the difference in height from the rear to the front. The h. techs seem to correct this issue.

before

after

Link for full install and description
http://teinusa-blog.com/honda-cr-z-sport-hybrid-testing/

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Borcth,

So the Tein springs are higher than stock (rear)???!! Haha like you said believe it or not... I think I have to believe it now. Surely must be just the camera angle it's been taken :pP:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Borcth,

So the Tein springs are higher than stock (rear)???!! Haha like you said believe it or not... I think I have to believe it now. Surely must be just the camera angle it's been taken :pP:
No dude. Your misunderstanding what I'm saying.
Stock rear is higher than the stock front. The h. techs will level this out as so the fronts will not be higher. Meaning.. it will be an even drop all the way around. Thats why the springs state a slightly lower drop for the rear- so it evens out with the fronts. It's really not that complicted to understand. Those pictures show before(stock) and after (w/H. Techs).

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
How bout wheel alignment after installing the lower springs, Is it needed or no. Thanks!
Yes, alignment should be checked.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh my bad.
Misread your post sorry lol

I'm tempted to buy these... But if only UK companies were to get their hands on these, so I wouldn't be nailed by the Tax custom charges.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Brake distribution will change if you change the weight distribution, ie: changing rake.

The car will handle a lot differently.
:yeahthat:

I don't like these springs because of that.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
An Example: Eibach springs. H&R 20mm Rear spacers. Honda 17" Rims. Just installed. 4 wheel alignment. Camber seems OK. Will watch tire wear.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.