Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was the choosin one.

Heres the confession, I was the choosin one

The ZF1 is currently in R & D seasonings at Tanabe and will be back on the streets this coming Wednesday. I’ve already got my hands on some EP3 Type R rims 5lug early August so Ill have some great photos that express that jdm steelo shortly stay tuned folks!

I was lucky enough to be the local chosen one. I dropped my CRZ off late last night. Hopefully all goes well; I actually choose out of the two different types of exhaust the Medalion Touring Exhaust.

I get to walk away with three new parts on my ZF1!!!

This is one of the under warps projects I was referring to on the 'Villany Product's ZF1' post on this forum.

·
Registered
98 Posts
@ZANGETSU

Honestly its lovely, I got to drive it last weekend around, I got up to 500miles when I dropped it off the following Monday night at Tanabe.

It handles like a charm, I’ve taking turns super hard to see what it can handle at a stock height and its good but the back end is liable to swing out, you would simply need to counter steer to stay in control, but the traction control settings I am still trying to figure out when there on or off. There is a button next to the driver window, when you press it nothing lights up so it’s hard to know when your traction control is working.

Its Also pretty quick in sport mode, but the clutch will take some time to get used to because its soft and its hard to feel the engaging point because the car is so quite and smooth that you have to look at the RPM gauge to know your doing everything right.

They should post more updates today, I’ve been getting my information from the same link. I haven’t talked to them over the phone since before I dropped it off. I know there excited to be working with this car. When I went there in person I wanted to go over everything possible to make me feel more comfortable giving them a new car fresh out the box. They made me feel comfortable by informing me that the parts have already been made and tested for the CRZ in Japan. They also mentioned Honda is pretty consistent in not having too much of a difference from the models that they produce for overseas and the models they produce for the states except the right hand drive aspect.

I hope I can do some more R & D sessions with other companies to obtain parts, I already registered last night for AEM, but the CRZ wasn’t on the cars grid yet, so I submitted it proactively.

All in all I understand that I will be one of the first in USA to have Tanabe Parts on my car. I am just excited about having it squatted low on the N series springs that there testing. The chassis brace that there installing is super light. The Medalion Touring Exhaust reminds me of a TL type s exhaust system. The CRZ already sounds good with the stock exhaust in sport mode. Just imagine how it’s going to sound with the exhaust. I am hoping what they say is true about the CRZ, when you put an exhaust on it, it sounds similar to a Italian exotic.

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
:eek:mg: why is that guy pressing the brakes on a dyno?? doesn't he know to just use the dyno brake??

personally the stock sound is the best... the Medallion isn't bad that Concept G whatever is horrible... it also just looks like an axle back... i'm curious as to how with just an axle back the car made that much more hp over the stock runs... the car looks nice with the drop, tho i wish there were higher-res images to be able to really see how the drop is... i'm curious to know if the CR-Z has rear adjustable camber arms or did they add a camber kit b/c the wheels still look pretty straight after the drop...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here are all my personal photos and videos I was able to make today from the EVO HTC SMARTPHONE.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tanabe updated there website with the dyno sheets and everything

Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Tanabe CR-Z R&D Complete!

Just need to save up to put some nittos on my ep3 type R rims. I will be back on here posting when that happens. Until then thank you for everybody that took the time to see what good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
:eek:mg: why is that guy pressing the brakes on a dyno?? doesn't he know to just use the dyno brake??

personally the stock sound is the best... the Medallion isn't bad that Concept G whatever is horrible... it also just looks like an axle back... i'm curious as to how with just an axle back the car made that much more hp over the stock runs... the car looks nice with the drop, tho i wish there were higher-res images to be able to really see how the drop is... i'm curious to know if the CR-Z has rear adjustable camber arms or did they add a camber kit b/c the wheels still look pretty straight after the drop...
here you go hope this helps

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
How does it drive now?
Can you feel the extra power?
I have a question about that dyno. I understand some dyno has problem getting low rpm result. The CR-Z as stock produces max torque from 1000rpm - 1750rpm. Does that change after putting on exhaust?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Torsion beam setup has no camber adjustments and does not need adjusting when lowered. The front on the other hand will, I may pull a wheel off and take a look but pretty sure it should be adjustable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How does it drive now?
Can you feel the extra power?
I have a question about that dyno. I understand some dyno has problem getting low rpm result. The CR-Z as stock produces max torque from 1000rpm - 1750rpm. Does that change after putting on exhaust?

Hell yes I can feel the extra power in sport mode. my top end and bottom end torque has improved dramatically. Plus the car sounds like Italian exotic, similar to like a Ferrari but definitely not as fast as one.

I am thinking anything you do to this engine is going to make amazing results because of the engine / hybrid technology. Ill probely just do other small bolt on parts like spoon throttle body, intake, spoon computer, and spoon roof defusers and sit back and wait what Bisi Moto has up there sleeves.

I wish Youtube videos could really express the sound better but it dosent. You have to hear it in person.

Cant wait for you guys to see for yourself, buy the CRZ and fix it up, you wont regret it. You dont have to be the fastest person on the streets, but you can break peoples necks in S2000 BMW's and Mercedeces all day, like I do out here in Irvine CA.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the CR-Z cause it's unique small and just darn looks good... I'm not expecting to be the fastest on the road... But I'll take your words on tanabe stuff. And yes when it comes to hearing sounds in youtube or something ... the sound quality doesn't do justice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tanabe parts about to drop soon, pay attention to there BLOG!

I have no complants just a lot of complements. If I knew what I know right now, Id be the first one waiting in line to pay for the things that they gave me. Life is beautiful on the freeway. I have masive handling controll on lowered on there springs. The ride is so smooth. Tanabe is the shit to me right now. I love the parts they put on the Zf.

So go cop that shit, local heads follow me on twitter for that hook up, holler if you hear me!!!

www.twitter.com/uneeker

·
Registered
98 Posts
Feedback on touring exhaust.

:hi5:
I have already decided I want the Medallion Touring exhaust..... hopefully soon!
nice dude it sounds like an italian exotic. The back fire when the car turns back on in sport mode sounds so agressive, downshift rev matches also get that slight pop back-fire.

When idealing the car drips water like the mugen tear drop.

Make sure when you get it you line the tip that sticks out the most up with the Oem cut outs to get the correct fitting and proper look. Tanabe was kind enough to position me this way just right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts