Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get either a CR-Z or Veloster within the next year. I love everything about the CR-Z. The way it drives, the design, etc. Its a beautiful car. But the auto stop feature could be a deal breaker for me. The reason is b/c I am an A/C pig and need air conditioning in the summer. But I'm hearing that when auto stop kicks in the A/C shuts off. That has me worried. I don't want to be waiting for a light to turn green and have the A/C go off b/c of auto stop. Any information on exactly how auto stop works? Does it cut off the A/C no matter what? Does the A/C need to be cranked all the way up or at a certain temp to avoid auto stop? Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
669 Posts
If your A/C is set to "auto" and there is sufficient difference between the set temp and the actual temp, it doesn't autostop. Also, just to be clear, only the compressor stops, the fan keeps blowing. Although this is not a perfect solution, it's not as bad as it sounds for short lights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was afraid it would be unbearable in ATL heat, but even with high-90s ambient and with the car sitting in the sun all day it is not any different than any other "normal" car. I have mine set to 76-77 and it is very comfortable. Having a white car helps, though.

What's the point of the Pivot thingy if you can just click defrost on?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
what if someone wants the air being pointed at their faces instead of the windows? in a 6 speed you can just leave it in gear and have the clutch in, this also leaves the engine running.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I also read that if you have the A/C set up manually, auto stop doesn't kick in. That's good enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts