Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Takeda users. Have any of you thought of or tried running the momentum without it’s provided airbox? Essentially as an SRI? I’m playing around with the idea of designing a heat shield/mount using the existing air ox mounting points which would allow the removal of the takeda box. I’m hoping his might make it operate more like the K&N SRI and open up more of that beautiful intake growl 😉

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey Takeda users. Have any of you thought of or tried running the momentum without it’s provided airbox? Essentially as an SRI? I’m playing around with the idea of designing a heat shield/mount using the existing air ox mounting points which would allow the removal of the takeda box. I’m hoping his might make it operate more like the K&N SRI and open up more of that beautiful intake growl 😉
That sounds like a cool idea for some however id hate to have that intake noise overpower my SC whine when I go WOT on the twisty roads. I like my exhaust setup with the SC and it sounds wicked when I go WOT.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
562 Posts
Monitor your intake air temps. I would bet the air box lowers the temperature by a substantial amount. SRIs are well known as hot air intakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts