Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Do you need the EXACT number? I took a look at it when i installed my exhaust. It looks to be 1.5 - 1.6 inches - super small. I have the midpipe in a closet at home: if you need i'll measure it later.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
oh, you mean just the tip on the muffler? i dont know that off the top of my head. i dont remember. Its hard to measure that because of the turndown but ill do my best later on.

Edit: also now that i think about it, that doesnt make sense. The muffler is pretty high up under the bumper and uses a turndown tip because otherwise you would just shoot exhaust gas out straight at the bumper. I dont think an after market tip would work unless you make a custom one that dips down and then straightens out under the bumper. Hope that made sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen some straight tips that are suppose to work on the CR-Z. as long as they are big enough (diameter) and long enough to extend a little past the diffuser they will work since the bend in the stock tip is pretty slight.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ ive been under the car a few times. If you chop off the stock tip and put a straight tip on it it will not fit under the diffuser. im pretty positive. the muffler is up under the bumper and it doesnt hang down.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I put a tip on mine last weekend...

I added an aftermarket tip to mine. I saw it at Advance Auto Parts for $15.99 and it looked to be very high quality so I bought it. It's a DC Sports 3" Stainless Steel clamp-on type tip with rolled edges and that nice inside liner with all the little holes in it. Reminds me of the $800 Stromung exhaust I had on my Scooby years back...

I think the tip looks great! Took a little "massaging" to get it to clamp over the turn-down bend, but I got it clamped on tight and it is NOT coming off! Big visual improvement to the back of the car for $15.00 IMO. :thumbsup:

Yes, I know, it angles down and inward toward the center of the car...whick looks wierd at first, but I like it. It doesn't look any more strange than that hella expensive Mugen exhaust, which turns down and in just the same and looks like some triangle-shaped rotary RX-8 badge or something. :bored:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Nice cheap mod. Thanks for sharing.. :thumbsup:

But, :blush: not a big fan of exhaust tips sticking out from under the diffuser.

Thinking best choices for the CR-Z are 1) hidden behind the diffuser as designed or 2) through the diffuser.

Just my opinion, but the exhaust tips coming out from under the diffuser just looks a little out of place due to the diffuser design..

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm thinking once I go with some sort of aftermarket rear diffuser, I will buy a second tip just like this one and have them tack-welded together side-by-side. I will have my local custom exhaust shop bend me up a few small custom exhaust pipe pieces to run from the stock muffler over to the center of the new rear diffuser (with some diffuser modification). I want that classy rolled-edge twin-tip look like the noblesse, while still having a nice, quiet factory exhaust. Shouldn't cost more than $100 total. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.