Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had em on my 08 accord which had weird angles. laser cut vinyl overlays work very well, and can be form fitted nicely. looks like i may have to be the first ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
The best advice I can lend is have an auto body shop do it. We do them all the time on many different vehicles. Simply remove the tail light, scuff, spray with a clear coat tinted with a black base mixed in to get desired darkness, cut and buff and reinstall. This is the best way to do them yet depending on your local laws if you get ticketed, it can be a pain in the ha ha to get around..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought vinyl overlays for my 08 accord off of ebay, laser cut, they looked phenomenal. literally as good as painting them on, and fully reversible since they could be peeled off. i'm looking for that solution, and i'd love to see pics of people with tinted tails. my car is white, so i am going with a white and black theme.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im looking for these myself, doin an all black theme here so black tails and dark tint with black wheels should look bad ass.
i'll bet we see vinyl overlays very soon. if anything, it could be worth a search for the accord overlays on ebay, and then emailing the seller to request vinyls.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The same people that did my window tint want to do the taillights. We said they spay them with "candy coat", whatever that is. He showed me an example on his truck, and it looked nice. I will probably get it done sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The same people that did my window tint want to do the taillights. We said they spay them with "candy coat", whatever that is. He showed me an example on his truck, and it looked nice. I will probably get it done sooner or later.
that will not be reversible

·
Registered
579 Posts
still waiting for laminx to come out with some for tails and headlights. They have a crz section already, but nothing in it. I contacted them and they said it will take a couple of months before they do. That was 2 months ago. But I wanna smoke out the tails. Not dark, but a light smoke. And get clear fronts for protection.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
still waiting for laminx to come out with some for tails and headlights. They have a crz section already, but nothing in it. I contacted them and they said it will take a couple of months before they do. That was 2 months ago. But I wanna smoke out the tails. Not dark, but a light smoke. And get clear fronts for protection.
thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
it'd be nice to have a red overlay that creates what is in the picture below... the only difference being since the civic has red on it already, they only tint the white/clear part... the CR-Z has clear light cover with the top and bottom being red inside... i think an overlay for the entire light would look good...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's an excellent point bizzybear. I'm coordinating to meet a guy who laser cuts and mass produces overlays who lives a few hours from me. I should be up the weekend after this one. My original plan was to do a smoke overlay, but seeing what you just showed me, I'd consider a red overlay alone, or a red overlay and a smoke overlay. I think my only concern is blocking my reverse lights.

You know what would look absolutely SICK?! Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps design both a red and smoke overlay with a cutout just for the reverse light, and this cutout could be whatever shape is most aesthetically pleasing for the tail light. I'm envisioning what I had on my accord.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
just sent a message to RVinyl.com about getting full front end paint protection overlay(i mean FULL like from hood start at bumper to windshield, both full fenders and the full bumper, i dont want any visable lines so i rather cover the whole panel) and dark tint over lays for the tails, still waiting for reply but it says it will take up to 24 hours to get a reply, ill fill yoll in tomorrow, which i hope to get a price and date established maybe even a group buy if possible.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bizzy, that's exactly what I plan to do, and then to tint over the red with smoke.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.