Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.

the third brake light has "CR-Z" cut out, but the tint let's all the light though so you can't see it.

i had a guy in satellite beach make the tints, and then had them installed in fort lauderdale. now that he has a template he intends to sell them on ebay, but i'm going to see about getting a much darker third brake light that way when it lights up you can actually see the logo.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow... that looks awesome... love the fact you're modding the car b4 u even have real plates on it :iorun:

i wonder what it will look like with the panel also blacked out...
i couldn't transfer my plate since i got the car within a month of my bday (2 weeks from now, buy me presents lol). got my new registration in the mail today oddly enough, though it'd come later. the plate will be on as soon as i get around to it!

i see what you're getting at with blacking out the panel, but i'm not sure about that, plus it'd be too much "fun" to get it on over all the emblems.

next up is actually tinting the car lol.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Interesting. As long as it doesn't make it harder for people following you to see your brake lights, I don't see a problem with it. Looks wise, it blends well IMO.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Interesting. As long as it doesn't make it harder for people following you to see your brake lights, I don't see a problem with it. Looks wise, it blends well IMO.
I agree!:thumbsup: But I think the usual problem with not seeing lights through the tint is with old regular bulbs... LEDs tend to still show pretty brightly, at least at night. I would be concerned about light output during the day for sure.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
^The photos makes it look like it shows up fine as you stated, but the pics are taken in a parking garage.

OP- Please take shots outside during the day time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agreed on safety concerns. the left pic is how it looks with the brakes depressed. still pretty damn bright. it seems to have lost only a small fraction of visibility.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'm not sure honestly. i think it is 30%, but the visibility on the lights is still fine. i didn't snap pics during the day today. too overcast.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.