Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So I’ve been wondering about how to tint my lights. I love the way the taillights look as they are now, but they annoying white stripe down the center of the headlight between the red top and bottom sort of annoys me. I’d love to go fill red or something if that looks good, or even a slight tint to make it darker. Also about the headlights, does tinting them look better? If so for any of that, where should I start looking? I would buy a full tail light tint strip or whatever and cut it if necessary.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
VHT nightshade paint is the way to go. I think @HondaHolly has some of the Red paint on hers, with a clear center piece for the backup and turn. Looks really good against a black car, not sure how it would look on other colors though.

Re: the headlights... I would leave them alone. Clear them up and put some Paint protection film or ceramic coating on them.

·
Red&Black
5,980 Posts
My black crz has no tinted head or tail lights. My white crz has black tinted headlights - romiata had them tinted from the inside and resealed. And the rear on the white crz have red VHT spray, but it needs to be redone. My fiancé @RatchetRex also used red VHT spray on his tails.

Most people choose to spray theirs because both the head and tail lights have an annoying notch/bump over the turn signal, and that makes it really difficult to lay tint or vinyl over. It tends to bubble up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts