Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
My buddy got done tearing down the long block this morning. He should be shipping the short block out today.

Once the rest of my valvetrain comes in he'll be taking the head to be assembled and resurfaced.

I also finalized everything with CatCams. Ended up buying from VAC Motorsports as they're the only US dealer for CatCams. They also include all the customs and shipping fees in the purchase, which CatCams does not if you order directly from them. ETA is 8 weeks, which should be right around the time I get my short block back from CNCWerx.

I've made a couple more purchases since my last post. BaysonR finally got the Mugen side skirts back in stock so I was able to order their full ZF1 Mugen lip kit. I placed my order at the perfect time, as the next day they sold out of the Mugen front lips.

Other than that, I picked up a couple parts from silent0ne714. He made me a killer deal for the Tein coilovers, the worse condition Mugen grill and a pair of side view mirrors described in THIS thread. My plan is to buy the matching Tein pillow ball mounts for the coilovers, as well as EDFC Active as long as it's compatible. Luckily one of my best friends little brothers lives in Dallas, so he was able to go pick up the parts locally. He's going to Austin next month so he'll be able to drop them off with my mechanic buddy. I'm gonna try and get them to ship me the grill, so I can have it repaired, painted and installed along with the BaysonR lip kit.

Other than that I have a lead on the OEM Mugen emblems I'm looking for, hopefully it works out.

Reactions: litz and Fediej

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Talked to the body shop again this past Friday about my carbon fiber hood. I was told that as of Friday, they've gotten about 98% of the cracks out of the clear coat, up to 8 or so sanding/re clearing sessions. The service writer said that I could actually come pick it up on the weekend if I was in a time crunch, but he really wanted to keep it another couple days because he says they'll definitely be able to get all the cracks out. He also told me that none of the carbon fiber was damaged at all, everything was just clear coat damage. So the hood should be done this week and I'm excited to see how it turns out. Service writer said he can't wait to see my face when I go pick it up.

My BaysonR Mugen rep lip kit should be showing up today. They're sold out of the rep Mugen wing and won't be getting any in stock for 2-3 months, so I ordered an IKON Motorsports one off of Amazon. I had been going back and forth on what I wanted to do with the exterior. I initially wanted to do as much carbon as possible, and probably put the carts together a dozen times. But, between having to buy the hatch brand new, REXXSTYLING wanting an arm and a leg for some of their carbon fiber parts, and me still waiting to get a quote for some carbon fiber fenders from Malaysia, I decided to just go the full Mugen route for right now. Only additional thing I ordered for the exterior was the REXXSTYLING stealth rear window covers. I think it'll look good with the Mugen kit and add a little more aggression to the exterior.

Since I'm going the Mugen route at the moment, I'm gonna try and make my car a clone as best I can.
Lip kit is BaysonR rep.
Wing is IKON motorsports rep.
Need to find an OEM or direct replica emblem for the wing.
Front grill is OEM Mugen with emblem.
I currently have one of the OEM Mugen emblems that goes below the rear quarter windows on ZF1's. Still looking for one more.
Need to find an OEM Mugen serial plate. If not, I have the measurements and will try to find someone to make a replica.
I've ordered a new set of Mugen floor mats that should be here by the end of the month.

I have an internal Honda contact that is currently searching the Honda network for any NOS Mugen emblems or serial plates that may be hiding somewhere. I plan to buy any and all of what he finds.

Only other thing I've ordered was another gauge pod from Ortiz Custom Pods. I'm having them make me a triple pod out of the top steering column cover so I can add in fuel pressure, oil temp and boost.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So, I picked up the hood today after work.

If you haven't already seen them, please look at the pics on the previous page so see the initial condition of the hood.

It's just.....I didn't expect anyone could do what they did.

I'm beyond satisfied with the work they did. I'm going back this weekend to get a quote for the full mugen kit painted and installed, along with painting the roof and front bumper.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I made it by the body shop yesterday to get a quick quote to repaint my roof. They didn't wanna quote me for anything else without actually seeing the parts they'd be painting and installing, which makes sense.

Lip kit came in earlier this week and the wing showed up today. My buddy in Dallas who picked up the parts from silent0ne714 shipped the grill out yesterday, it should be here by Sunday or Monday. Once everything is here I'll be taking everything to the body shop to start the whole process. I'm excited to finally get the exterior done.

Other thing that showed up today was the Mugen Sport mats I ordered.

I thought it was kind of funny when I ran across THIS THREAD in the interior section, stating he got the last set of these mats in the US. They can still be purchased new and seem readily available for $200. LINK

I only plan on using them for meets and shows, since I already have both the OEM cloth set, and the OEM all weather mats for my car.

My block was shipped off today, hopefully it comes back sooner than later. My head was also dropped off at the machine shop to get all the valvetrain installed and resurfaced. Haven't heard anything from InsaneShafts or CatCams recently, but both their lead times were 6 weeks+ so I'm probably just being impatient.

While I'm waiting on the block and head, I gotta start looking into refurbing parts of my turbo kit and getting it up to date to 2021 standards.

Reactions: litz and Spdbump
101 - 104 of 104 Posts