'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My Swift springs and TPMS sensors came in today. Don't think I'll have enough time after work to install the springs, but I should be able to get the TPMS sensors installed so the wheels are ready.

My hub rings should be here on Thursday

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Didn't have time to do anything to the car yesterday.

I dropped it off this morning so that my buddy can install the springs. Wheels are also getting TPMS sensors installed, and being balanced today. After that all I'm waiting on is the hub centric rings, which should be here tomorrow.

If I have time today I'm also wanting to install my new HID bulbs, decided to change them to 6000k so they're more white. Also picked up some H11 LED's and error eliminators for the fog lights. My headlight restoration kit and UV clear coat should be coming in today as well. The headlights were buffed when I got my car detailed earlier this year, but due to them not actually sanding the lights, the oxidation came back rather quickly.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
Should only need the error eliminators for the turn signals and if you have the DRLs that are the high beams run at a lower voltage. For turn signals all you should need are load resistors.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I've always had to use error eliminators on my cars that have CAN-BUS systems. On my RL I had to use error eliminators on both my DRL's and fogs. The CRZ threw an error for the DRL's without one, and i'm pretty sure the fogs will aswell. I've never had any issues with flickering or inconsistencies with the BeamTech LED's I order, I just don't like seeing CEL's on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
Haven't had any issues or need for the error eliminators on my CR-Z just the load resistors for turn signals but I have a 2013 EX so I have LED DRLs. For the high beam as DRL I would expect errors.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
That makes more sense knowing your car came with LED DRL's. When switching from halogen to LED, I've always had to use the eliminators since the LED's don't pull as much power, causing the car to think the bulb is out.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
The other solution most people use due to the lower power is the simple load resistors. I need them for my turn signals for that reason otherwise I would have hyper flash. for the High beam as DRL you may need the error eliminators but I am not sure what the difference is.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I've seen the small wire in resistors to help with the low power issue. I just like using plug n play adapters as they're easy to install and don't get as hot as those little resistors.

I haven't really thought about getting LED turn signal bulbs, but with all my forward facing lights being 6000k LED's soon, I may need to look into that.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Maybe since yours is an older model it may different but I ran LED bulb replacements in my 2014 fogs with no errors.
That would be awesome if the fog LED's work without throwing errors. I'll be able to confirm this later today.

·
Super Moderator
5,943 Posts
I bought connectors to make my resistors Plug and play so if I ever have to go back to stock I can simply unplug the resistors and plug the two connectors together and mine are mounted to metal.

The error Eliminator and the load resistor appear to be the same thing not sure why the error eliminators do not get hot but from what I could find online the two items are the same thing they are resistors. I have seen both products as "Plug in".

I've seen the small wire in resistors to help with the low power issue. I just like using plug n play adapters as they're easy to install and don't get as hot as those little resistors.

I haven't really thought about getting LED turn signal bulbs, but with all my forward facing lights being 6000k LED's soon, I may need to look into that.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So looks like the shocks are pretty worn, along with some mounting bolts being cross threaded. So the car will be down for the next couple weeks while I wait for KamiSpeed to send me the set of Koni Oranges I just ordered.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
So I was estimating my down time based on how long it took KamiSpeed to ship me my springs(over a week). I placed my order for a full set of Koni Oranges a little over 24 hours ago, and I wasn't aware that they have a warehouse in the North East. So 3 out of the 4 shocks are showing they should be here today, with the 4th one showing up on Saturday.

I also decided to replace my front sway bar bushings and end links while the suspension is torn apart. I believe those parts will be arriving on Monday. The TPMS sensors have been installed in the new wheels, along with being balanced. We also confirmed the TPMS sensors are communicating successfully with a TPMS reader/writer.

I also received my hub centric rings and ebay turbulator today.

Reactions: Spdbump and Fediej

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Spent a couple hours this morning touching up all the curb rash and chips on the wheels. I think they came out great!

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Spent the other portion of my afternoon sanding and buffing my headlights.

The effort was definitely worth it.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Headlights look brand new now!
They really do! Makes the car look so much better when they're cleared up, and the light output is great now!

Yesterday the last shock showed up from KamiSpeed, as well as the sway bar end links from Moog, so we installed them. I'm gonna wait to install the sway bar bushings until the header shows up, since I think they'll be slightly easier to install with the header and mid pipe removed.

I was hoping to get the car aligned yesterday as well, but the recommended shop didn't have openings until Monday. So the alignment is scheduled for Monday morning, and I'll finally be putting the wheels on Monday after work, pending everything goes okay.

I also picked up a throttle body off eBay, so I can send it to MaxBore without my car being down in the process.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts