Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Finally heard back from T1R/AJR, they're going to make me a header, so pretty stoked for that. It's gonna take 4-6 weeks for me to get it so I'll most likely install my test pipe and exhaust this weekend since it'll be awhile before the header is here. That'll also give me time to source another throttle body to send to maxbore.

I'm also planning to install gauges this month. I'm going with the Ortiz Customs pod as I think it's looks clean and still retains functionality of the dash cubby

Going with glowshift gauges as they're affordable, worked great in my RSX and I feel they'll match the blue interior lights well. Getting a wideband AFR, oil pressure and water temp.

Other than that I'm hoping to get my window tint redone soon, as well as finally decide which direction I'm going body wise. Only thing I know for sure is I want the REXXSTYLING stealth wing.

Reactions: litz

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Installed the HKS exhaust and T1R test pipe today. Install was straight forward and all the necessary hardware was included with both. The exhaust tone is great, almost non existent when out of throttle but smooth and deep when you get on it. No CEL issues post install, but there is a noticeable increase of exhaust fumes in the cabin when stopped.

Also installed a front plate re locator.

I need to get the front bumper,grille,hood, and roof repainted.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It's been a couple months since I last posted, the CRZ hasn't changed since then.

I've been focusing on my CRX build for the last couple of months and I feel like I could've k swapped the CRZ for the amount of money I've been putting into the CRX, but that's the car game!

CRX build is at the point where it's time to swap the new motor in, which could be awhile depending on my mechanics space availability. So since there's some downtime I figured it's about time to buy a couple more goodies for the CRZ.

I was in contact with AJ Racing about making me a T1R header, but communications went silent when covid hit. I was hoping to pick up the Super Circuit header that MrNo408 had for sale in the Classifieds, but it's been sold already. I went ahead and purchased a new Super Circuit header from The Biggest Racing and Performance Parts shop in Asia. Rzcrewgarage! for $314.21 shipped to the US, which I think is a pretty decent price. I also picked up a set of swift drop springs from Kami Speed after reading good reviews from other members.

Only other thing I plan on buying soon is my gauges and gauge pod described in my previous post, but I also want to get my tint redone and get a 2 way alarm installed so I can have remote start as we get into summer.

I'll try and post more updates as they come up.

Reactions: litz and Fediej

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Bought a handful of stuff last night while I couldn't sleep, haha.

Ordered my gauge pod from Ortiz Custom Pods, as well as my GlowShift gauges. Went with Wideband AFR, Oil Pressure and Water temp.

Picked up some BeamTech 9005 LED bulbs for the DRL/Hi Beam, along with error eliminators just in case. I also picked up a pair of 921 LED bulbs to brighten up my reverse lights. They're 15 smb per light, so they should be plenty bright!

I also ordered a 350z bumper vent. Even though I have a CAI, i very much like them for the aesthetic value. I think it makes the car look a little more aggressive.

Lastly I picked up a 2013+ rear view mirror with the integrated screen, along with a 2013+ rear view camera and mount. It's crazy that MSRP on the mirror is $1000 and $900+ on the camera. Thank god for eBay, I got both for $200.

Going to try and retro fit this into my 2011. Best case I get all the OEM stuff working together, worst case I'll have to swap the OEM camera for an aftermarket. On that note, anybody know where to begin searching for wiring harness pinouts? I'm gonna give this a shot myself, but I may end up sending them to my buddy in Texas who loves to figure out all things electrical. He figured out the wiring and created harnesses for my EDM adjustable headlights, and JDM power folding mirrors for my CRX, so I have faith in him lol

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Found the pinout for the camera, but looks like it's pretty difficult to find 2013+ service manual information. I found a bunch of scans for a 2016 CRZ, where I found the camera pinout but they didn't have one for the rear view mirror.

I messaged a buddy that has an AllData subscription to see if he could get it for me.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
AllData FTMFW.

Now I just gotta wait for the parts to get here!

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
The pin out on the camera side should match the monitor side by color. Aldata is a great resource they even have a DIY subscription you can buy. https://www.alldatadiy.com/

We had another member here who bought the Mirror and maybe the camera but could not figure out all the information you found quickly. I had suggested to him he try Alldata.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The pin out on the camera side should match the monitor side by color. Aldata is a great resource they even have a DIY subscription you can buy. https://www.alldatadiy.com/
We had another member here who bought the Mirror and maybe the camera but could not figure out all the information you found quickly. I had suggested to him he try Alldata.
Yea, looks like all match, color for color, except Camera GND, Camera V and Camera SH. Thanks for the heads up on the alldatadiy site, I never knew that existed!

Having a mechanic friend with a full AllData subscription has saved me many headaches over the years. I'm hoping I can figure this all out in an easy enough way to help people who may want to add this OEM feature not offered in 11-12 models.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
I knew about the Alldata professional site but found the DIY site recently. My Dad had a mechanic friend who used to print things out for us. 2013+ Factory Service manuals simply do not exist. If they did I would have purchased a set like I did for other cars I have owned.

Yea, looks like all match, color for color, except Camera GND, Camera V and Camera SH. Thanks for the heads up on the alldatadiy site, I never knew that existed!

Having a mechanic friend with a full AllData subscription has saved me many headaches over the years. I'm hoping I can figure this all out in an easy enough way to help people who may want to add this OEM feature not offered in 11-12 models.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Sneak peek of a deal I couldn't pass up tonight.

I didn't really want white wheels again, but I know they're gonna look great on the crz.

Reactions: litz and Fediej

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So I'm pretty ecstatic about picking up these CR Kai's. I had been looking at numerous replicas for a couple weeks now(Vordoven Forme 9,Rota Torque 9,Drag DR31,ESR SR08) and would've probably purchased a set by the end of the month. Just so happened that a friend I was hanging out with last night told me about these wheels his friend was selling. After confirming specs and legitimacy I went and picked them up.

There is some curb rash on a couple of them, and they're dirty as hell but they're not bent or cracked so that works for me, and they came with tires!

They more than likely won't go on until next weekend, as I want it to be a one and done type deal. I've already ordered the work royal installation kit, Eibach front camber bolts, and new TPMS sensors so I can keep my factory wheels complete for winter mode. I'll also be installing my drop springs along with the wheels.

I also have a set of spacers that came off my 3G TL when I sold it. I can't remember what mm they are, but I'm hoping I can use them on the CRZ if need be. The only other thing I'm not quite sure about is getting hub centric rings. I've read up on why they're needed, the different materials they're made out of and the issue that can occur without them. What I don't completely understand is how I determine what size rings I need to purchase. Do I measure the inner or outer diameter of the hubs on the car? Also, if I decide to use spacers, will the ring size differ based on the spacers? I've found sites that you plug in your car and wheel manufacturer and they'll sell you rings, but I'm not too sure on that due to the variation in different wheels.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I've looked into a couple wheel repair places locally. I want to get some quotes but I'll more than likely wait to get them repaired until a later date. For the time being I'm going to clean them up as best I can and use touch up paint on the imperfections.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Iirc, the hub diameter for the CR-Z, and most Hondas, which should include your Acura, is 64.1 mm. You'll need to find out the hub diameter on those fancy wheels though to get the proper rings ordered.
You were correct, 64.1mm is the hub diameter for the CRZ.

I eyeballed the wheel center bore with a ruler, and it came out to 75mm. Then I contacted Work to see if they could help, and they confirmed the wheels have a 73.3mm center bore, which makes sense if I eyeballed 75mm. So I ordered them directly from Work.

I also took time to clean up the wheels today, I'd say they cleaned up nicely!

There are still some imperfections, but i'm happy with them.

They'll be chillin at the shop until I have all the parts needed to correctly install them.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Just a little white touch up paint on those curbed areas and they'll be street ready.
Exactly what I'm thinking!

Looks like everything needed will be here by Wednesday-Thursday of next week, so tentative install is Friday-Saturday.

Last night I ordered an OEM style rear spoiler, the double side tape kind. Debated on ordering an actual OEM one, but didn't wanna commit to drilling holes in my hatch. I'll be ordering some 3M VHB 5952 tape, as I've used it to install lips and rear visors in the past, there's a reason it's called Very High Bond. I also bought one of the knock off ebay turbulators, hoping that'll look halfway decent. Lastly, I ordered a set of OEM window visors, but won't be installing them until I have my tint done.

Also got 2 packages in the mail today. My 350z hood vent, and all my gauges!

I also opted to send my upper dash pocket to Ortiz Custom Pods, instead of them having to order one and wait for it. They gave me a discount on the price and said now turnaround time should be 1-2 weeks, so I probably won't be installing the gauges until the end of the month.

Gonna run to the shop to throw in my DRL LED's and reverse LED lights, might install the bumper vent while i'm there as well.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Had time to install everything I got today.

LED reverse lights and way brighter than stock and I love the white, over the yellow stock bulbs.

The DRL's fit nicely, but they're not error free. Luckily I already ordered error eliminators which should be here on Sunday.

Lastly I installed the bumper vent. Wasn't hard at all, I just measured 6 times before I cut the hole. I like the way it came out, but may end up painting it black since there's no other carbon fiber parts on my car.

I also talked to shop a couple doors down from where I work on my car, to get my tint done. We scheduled for next Friday. I'm getting 5% all the way around with an eyebrow as well.

Reactions: Fediej and litz

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I received my jdm hazard button and OEM style wing today. I may have ordered the wrong hazard button though. I had to mount it in the usdm housing, 90 degrees off. Didn't get any pictures of it.

I installed my wing using the provided double side tape, along with some VHB tape.

I'm really happy with how it came out.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts