Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad cell phone pics, I will get better ones. But I wrapped the hood and roof in 3M Di-Noc

Blue lights in the grill to match what is inside. You can see the entire interior is lit up blue as well.

Memphis Audio 10in sub and mono block amp, in a custom box built into the rear "seat" area.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
For the hood. I think wrapping is a much better choice than buying a real CF hood. With the wrap, you still retain all the crash resistance properties of the car. Put a true CF hood on and in a serious frontal collision, it will most likely end up taking your .... off along with your loved one in the passenger seat. A lot of tech goes into designing the crumple zone.. Putting a CF hood on, can negate that tech. Kudos to the wrap. I like it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd be more concerned about a "drop into the cup holder armrest" becoming dislodged and busting you upside the face than a properly engineered CF hood.

Some CF hoods have stress points to fracture the hood during frontal impacts. I recall VIS making sure they engineered their hoods rather than just selling ones that happened to fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ahhhh this looks awesome. Good jOB! I as well have blue LED's inside the whole interior.

Whats the spec's on the subs and amp?

I have the base model and have been looking into a setup like this. Did you do this yourself? If not, price? ( if you dont mind )

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The exterior blue lights are switched for shows and stuff only.

The charging system keeps up no problem. We do have the biggest charging system known to man seeing that the IMA system charges everything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The exterior blue lights are switched for shows and stuff only.

The charging system keeps up no problem. We do have the biggest charging system known to man seeing that the IMA system charges everything.
I didnt even think of that lol. I just went out and looked under the hood and there isnt even an alternator hooked up. The only thing I saw that was using the belt is the AC.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I Ordered a roll to do several cars so I don't know how much per car. I think 8ft by like 51 or 61in is enough to do the entire car.

Sub is a 10in Memphis S class flat sub. The amp is a 250w Memphis s class too. 500 or so watts bridged.

Sub only needs .30 cubic feet.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.