Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I emailed Swift to see if they were going to make anything for the CRZ. And just got the reply. They are going to be making lowering springs for the CRZ. Super exciting news for those of you that are going to be lowering your car. I am really keen on these when they come out. I was wondering if anyone has used these springs before.

For those of you who have never heard of them, they are prob one of the most popular springs out on the market. They actually do not have that many applications for lowering springs because they apparently do extensive track testing and R&D before actually coming out with springs.

Here are some reviews.
Swift springs reviewed!!!!! - Nissan 370Z Forum
Swift Sport Springs Review thread (pics) - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums
Swift Spec R - 2008 EVO X Review/Install/Pics - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
S2000 Forums -> Torn between Eibach or Swift : S2KI
Swift Sport Springs Installed - evolutionm.net

Here is some real informative info on Swift springs that sets them apart from everyone else.
MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - Swift Springs dynoed
How to Finally Get Performance Out of Your KW Coilovers - E46Fanatics

Anyways I just did some research on the company and this is what I came up with. I am pretty much sold on these but was wondering if anyone else has had experience with them. I see nothing but people raving about these springs. But I guess when it comes down to it they would rave about anything they own but I mean I figured if Im going to put on lowering springs I would get the best out there. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Swift Lowering Springs - Prototype Set

:headbang:

Just wanted to share my first Mod. Swift USA's first US Spec CRZ lowering springs for my CB ZF1 Base Model.:thumbsup:

Going to install them at the shop tonight and record before and after ride height. Then I'll write up a review on performance and comfort after installation, alignment and drive test.

More info, DIY, etc to come.

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
Great to finally see these out, we talk to Leonard and Yas over at Swift USA pretty often and they did mention that these were coming soon!

Many of Japans top street oriented setups for all tuned cars are running on Swift springs -- even the famed Aragosta coilover sets use Swift!

As soon as they go into production, I'll have a thread up -- but if you guys want to start a group buy or something similar let me know!

Can't wait to see the pictures after the install

- Jason

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Great to finally see these out, we talk to Leonard and Yas over at Swift USA pretty often and they did mention that these were coming soon!

Many of Japans top street oriented setups for all tuned cars are running on Swift springs -- even the famed Aragosta coilover sets use Swift!

As soon as they go into production, I'll have a thread up -- but if you guys want to start a group buy or something similar let me know!

Can't wait to see the pictures after the install

- Jason
do it :) group buy, im ready, im so happy swift is doing this! i wouldn't go with any other spring :thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
exciting stuff. from what i hear and have read swift is the company to go with when it comes to springs. i plan to get a set when they come out. i really want some coilovers but i am not interested in any of the currently available models. lowering springs for now and then wait for some better options in coilovers to appear on the market.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Swift puts function before form. Their drops are considered to be conservative but the springs are engineered that way to make sure there is proper suspension travel and to maximize handling characteristics. If you dont need to be slammed and you want to run a spring, go with these IMO

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
Swift is working on upping the spring rates a bit -- the shock dyno says the OEM shocks can handle a more aggressive setup so when these are officially released it'll be a great match for the OEM shocks. They are working on getting a bit of a more sporty ride, so the Spec R's might not even be necessary at this point. From the tests so far, looks like these will actually perform pretty equally to an entry level coilover setup since the shocks from the factory are very capable when mated to a correct spring rate!

If everything goes as planned, these will be ready to go mid-January. And yes, I'll have a groupbuy set up for you guys!

- Jason

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.