Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have just installed Godspeed coilovers onto my CR-Z. I autocross the car frequently but the car is also my daily driver. I have been searching articles and videos about how to properly adjust my coilovers. I am especially confused on how to set spring preload. My mechanic friend who helped me install the coilovers set the preload to an inch from where it was loose/touching the spring. I have my rear dampening settings maxed hard and my front dampening settings set to 11 out of 16 clicks. the ride quality isnt very good but it handles like an indy car. I want to make sure my coilovers are set up properly and that I am getting the most out of them both on and off the track but Im not sure what needs to be set where to get the results I want. I have read the adjusting spring preload can effect the ride quality as well as the dampening adjustment having the same effect. I am overwhelmed by the information. If anyone can point me in the right direction Id really appreciate it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
2010-2015 Honda CRZ : Godspeed Performance

Per the manufacturer (bottom of the linked page), the preload should be set to 10mm, less than half what you said your shop set it to. Not sure how drastically it would affect ride quality, but if the rears are progressive springs as they claim it could make a big difference.

My setup is quite different from yours, but for reference I set front and rear to the soft/middle of the range for street driving and only change the rears to full hard for autox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts