Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After cleaning the wheels today, and visually inspecting the suspension, I noticed that the ride height of the suspension on the drivers side is 1cm lower compared to passenger side (with no-one in the car)

Is this normal? - as the car is 2012, I would assume, if it's normal, then the spring on the drivers side has just compressed more over time ?

Just wondered of everyone else's is the same ? and should I consider a replacement spring ?

See image, as its visually noticeable.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Same tyres, same age, etc.. I'll need to check pressures.
Yes, I noticed that on mine once, when I was changing from stock suspension to Mugen springs and struts. Someone else was asking the same thing a year or two ago, and I checked my other CR-Z at the time, and it was about 1/4" difference (0.635 cm). My Mugen's were measured when new, and they had the same variation. Just installed the Spoon suspension shocks/springs on the one that had the OEM's that measured differently, and one corner is slightly lower than the other on the "new" set up too.

My car was sitting in the garage, and it was a level concrete floor, so not much variation from the surface the car's sitting on either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts