Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
You "don't" have to tell them - but if you have an accident and they find it on the car (if it needs inspecting for example) then they can potentially not pay out as the insurance contract is invalid.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I'm thinkig it's closer to $5k after it's all said and done, don't forget about tuning!
actually i would think it would come with tuned reflash for the ECU already... not sure many people would know how to tune this car and i don't think HKS will sell a kit untuned for it...

i think my first guess was a little low... it would probably be around $3500 US for a stage 1... the $5000 price would probably be for a stage 2 upgrade... for $5000 you can just get a more efficient more powerful Turbo kit if they ever release them...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the kit will come with the plug and play F-Con iS already tuned. This kit will be perfect for the cr-z. 170hp in a small car like this should be enough, but i know for sure somebody is going to do a k20 swap.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
aside from the K20 not even being able to fit in the engine bay... a lot of companies that make parts for cars, will stay away from a K20 swap just b/c there isn't that big of a market there... if the goal in North America is 15,000 units/year... how many of those do u think will actually swap a K20 in it?? well that number is the market for a K20 swapped CR-Z, and it's not very big lol...

besides, with Spoon's 145hp/150tq modded gears and a tad lighter... the CR-Z puts down easily a stock +2006 Civic Si times... and that's just straight line i'm talking... it actually does better than the FN2 (Euro Type-R Civic) around the bends... so IMO 170hp CR-Z will be quite sufficient for more people... and you can bet the torque is at least equal, if not, more than 170 considering superchargers make great low-end torque and the electric motors' peak tq is at 1500rpms... that will probably be a very flat/linear, high (for a Honda) tq curve...

·
Registered
25 Posts
They release a carb legal kit like this anytime soon in the us and I won't be able to hold off on trading in my insight! Thing would be a torque monster. Im guessing it would have 170 hp and 180 lb ft...way more fun than the gsr/type r ever was. High redlines are overrated anyways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't get me wrong...when I had my s2000 I loved it...8200 rpms was very fun. Only thing thing that sucked was to reach max power you had to rev the crap out of it. Nonetheless the engine was very responsive and butter smooth. Since I've had the insight, I like having max torque down low. The crz will only be better.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
actually, that video doesn't look too fake... unless they did some really really good editing to sync the sound with the dash... the only part i couldn't figure out is that transmission sounds like a sequential gearbox... i need more info on this ASAP!!! that just got me even more excited about the car...

keep in mind unless they set the dyno up to include a simulated road/wind resistance, the engine will rev almost effortlessly on any car...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.