Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CR-Z community!

Prospective owner who test drove a bone stock 13 EX/CVT and am looking for more intel on the state of the state of the CR-Z world in terms of supercharging. I read the massive sprintex thread (that google result led me here).

First of all: What's still available new? What are the pro's and con's of each: Sprintex, HKS, HPD, Jackson? Others? What did you go with and why?

Thx!

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
The HPD is only available for 6-Speeds, and the Jackson Racing is no longer in production, so if you have a 2013+ model year, CVT, a Sprintex is a good choice (but I'm not sure you can still find one new.) I have a 2013 EX/CVT with Sprintex, and will keep you in mind if I ever sell the Sprintex Supercharger I have installed on it (basically, I will only consider selling the Sprintex, KTuner, and tune as a complete package to someone with a 2013 CVT only, since that's the specific ECU it's tuned to...that's if I ever sell it.)

A friend has the HKS, and I think they're still available new, but you'll have to consider that hondata (tuner) is only supporting the 2011-2012 model years, and KTuner or some other method to tune the 2013+ model years--and just make sure if you need the KTuner, that you get in contact with an authorized KTuner dealer to purchase the tuner and have it tuned by them, since KTuner only offers the "End User" software on their website (and may not have all the functions you need to go supercharging.)

Oh, and congratulations on reading through the whole Sprintex thread before making your first post! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts