Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,825 Posts
It sounds like they got wet somehow. Look for where the water is coming in and repair first before replacing. The seal/trim at the top of the windshield does fail.

You may be able to find some used ones here https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda/2011-2016-cr-z/

Or look here Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now for part numbers and then either on this site or search the Internet for the part number. Some parts are sold on Amazon etc. You can also recover them, but I bet the cardboard they are made out of is destroyed. You might be able to get some kind of replacement material for the innards and rebuild them, depending on your skills.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z EX 6speed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like they got wet somehow. Look for where the water is coming in and repair first before replacing. The seal/trim at the top of the windshield does fail.

You may be able to find some used ones here https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda/2011-2016-cr-z/

Or look here Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now for part numbers and then either on this site or search the Internet for the part number. Some parts are sold on Amazon etc. You can also recover them, but I bet the cardboard they are made out of is destroyed. You might be able to get some kind of replacement material for the innards and rebuild them, depending on your skills.

No rain or them getting wet. I think the excessive heat? Not sure....how do you take them out. I have watched videos of them taking it out of civics...I can't, for the life of me, get them out.

·
Premium Member
8,825 Posts
Near the pivot point, there is a slot for a flat blade screwdriver that allows you to remove them. Maybe someone can post the part of the Factory Service Manual (FSM) you need or this will help You Can Get A FSM Online From Honda For Free?

If it were heat alone, we would see many more postings with issues with the sun visors. My car spent 13 months in TX and where I am now it is over 90 most days this summer. Your description seemed to indicate moisture damage, especially "have bulges and flop around". They are made out of cardboard or other similar material covered in Vinyl. It is a material that will not hold up well to any kind of moisture, maybe someone used some kind of wet cleaner to clean them? Something has deteriorated. I mentioned water, as many have had the trim and seal at the top of the outside of the windshield fail. Any moisture coming in will get to the sun visors first, considering where they are. My trim across the top is coming off, and I know I have to get it fixed, I also have a similar issue on the driver's side. Will either point allow water into the car, I do not know, but many here have had water and air come into the car through the windshield opening. My sun visors look the same they did when I bought the car new in 2013. As I presume you are not the first owner of this car, and it is 7 years old, you really do not know what happened. You can focus on the issue and fixing just it, but I suspect it is not just the sun visors. Something has caused them to deteriorate. You should IMO find out why, so you only have to replace them once.

A quick Google search found this posting on this forum
Sun visors specifically step 6 in this document

Just for fun, I searched using the search box at the top of the page and found this more recent thread on how to remove them:

Here is the search I used

No rain or them getting wet. I think the excessive heat? Not sure....how do you take them out. I have watched videos of them taking it out of civics...I can't, for the life of me, get them out.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z EX 6speed
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Near the pivot point, there is a slot for a flat blade screwdriver that allows you to remove them. Maybe someone can post the part of the Factory Service Manual (FSM) you need or this will help You Can Get A FSM Online From Honda For Free?

If it were heat alone, we would see many more postings with issues with the sun visors. My car spent 13 months in TX and where I am now it is over 90 most days this summer. Your description seemed to indicate moisture damage, especially "have bulges and flop around". They are made out of cardboard or other similar material covered in Vinyl. It is a material that will not hold up well to any kind of moisture, maybe someone used some kind of wet cleaner to clean them? Something has deteriorated. I mentioned water, as many have had the trim and seal at the top of the outside of the windshield fail. Any moisture coming in will get to the sun visors first, considering where they are. My trim across the top is coming off, and I know I have to get it fixed, I also have a similar issue on the driver's side. Will either point allow water into the car, I do not know, but many here have had water and air come into the car through the windshield opening. My sun visors look the same they did when I bought the car new in 2013. As I presume you are not the first owner of this car, and it is 7 years old, you really do not know what happened. You can focus on the issue and fixing just it, but I suspect it is not just the sun visors. Something has caused them to deteriorate. You should IMO find out why, so you only have to replace them once.

A quick Google search found this posting on this forum
Sun visors specifically step 6 in this document

Just for fun, I searched using the search box at the top of the page and found this more recent thread on how to remove them:

Here is the search I used
Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it. 🙏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts