Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided to start my own Build Thread, not too many of us with the NSBP have it modded, and mine are somewhat basics for now, but tomorrow night I am getting Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers, Basis Rear Sway Bar and JDP spoiler put on, so will update more pics as I go.

Let me start by introducing myself to you guys for those that know me, my names Mike Suite (kinda explains my username =P ). I am almost 25, a student and located out of Southern California, I have met many other So Cal members, and love meeting more Z members in the future.

So let me start from Day 1- Take home, nothing special than recieving my CRZ from the dealer!

Plasti-Dipped Emblems and license plate-

Than came my AEM intake, and Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust (there is a picture further down with the diffuser where you will see the exhaust, so not going to multipost the same picture, but did upload a youtube video of how it sounds with the CAI/Exhaust combo)-

Installed a Cusco Front Strut Bar and the Ver.1 and Ver. 2 chasis braces (just got the pic of the strut bar didnt take pics of the braces unfortunately)

From there I take you to the JDP Diffuser (you can see the exhaust here)-

And the JDP Grill Cover-

The JDP Spoiler

So I manage to get the S2000 BBK upgrade at Tony's when we installed the coil overs over the weekend! With the weights on the inside of the rim it looks like only 1 cm-2 cm clearance, which means they are freaking huge!!!!!!!!!!

And heres the full car with the coil overs on, dont mind the dirty car, the trees in the area decided to wipe all their sexual pollen all over my car lol

Seibon MG Style Hood-

As for future mods, I do not have wheels and I know thats holding me back big time cosmetics wise, if I have it my way I would get the WedsSport SA-60M, which are really expensive, so if I go that route I probably wouldnt be able to do it till June, I love how the blue and black would just match the car perfectly, but I am taking opinions on cheaper wheels (just no rpf1's, no hate for them, just too many people have them imo). Heres a pic of the WedsSports

I also need a midpipe and downpipe, want to get the HKS Battery management thingie (I forgot what its called), I want more power, so probably will do the Fit Intake Manifold, and eventually some interior components, but dont want to get too ahead myself now...I also wnat to get a new diffuser, I love the JDP but its a different weave than the spoiler, and I have gotten kinda bored with it, so would like a new look to the rear.

Well thats me, thanks for stopping by and will update this as I continue to build on it!

***I have the iJDM LED also, but no pictures for it***
***I want to thank Tony from Basis Sport Tuning for the help, Kylesghatch and ShazzNADES both who I bought used parts off of and were extremely easy to deal with and buy from, and Saku from KamiSpeed for the help with parts from when I was in NC, Winterminute for the cool hybrid sticker I stuck on, Thura from iJDM, if I am missing anyone I do apologize***

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your car is coming along nicely. So Cal represent!

Edit: Just realized I never left you feedback so I just did. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
hahaha Thanks Mike, totally forgot about the feedback also...so will do yours too! So Cal!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gonna be honest at first didn't like the color but after seeing yours its growing on me love the car
Well I was partial to it at first, only reason I got it was it was between this and the Milan one they had in stick, and I went with the Blue, had an R6 in the past that was Blue, and it kind brought back the memory...Also big Tron fan and the blue Z reminds me of the Gen 1 Light Cycles they used...The pearl in it is perfect, where at nights its nice, not too dark but really mellow, and in the Cali sun it sits pretty nice with the light effect it has from light to dark, depending if light is hitting that spot or not.

· Registered
264 Posts
Well I was partial to it at first, only reason I got it was it was between this and the Milan one they had in stick, and I went with the Blue, had an R6 in the past that was Blue, and it kind brought back the memory...Also big Tron fan and the blue Z reminds me of the Gen 1 Light Cycles they used...The pearl in it is perfect, where at nights its nice, not too dark but really mellow, and in the Cali sun it sits pretty nice with the light effect it has from light to dark, depending if light is hitting that spot or not.
nice I.love tron and they do!!!!!!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think ill do that black liner on tails tomorrow, thanks mach for bringing that up, I remember seeing your post with pics when I was bck in nc, ad back than was livng in apartment comples with no where to spray paint and let dry comfortably,but now back in cali I can.

So I installed the basis rear sway bar, eibach pro s coilovers, and new spoiler, unfortunately imma keep this short as I'm not home near a computer. Tony and I had to uninstall them earlier today, there was a dead shock. Ill type a more detailed review later, but just keep in mind that they were so good that a dead shock was the last thing we thought the vibration problem I was having was from. I will wash the car tomorrow and take pictures of the spoiler, but as for lowered gotta wait till eibach sends a replacement shock. And hopfully have enough time to do black liner mod too and grab pics of that as well for you guys.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

· Registered
264 Posts
I think ill do that black liner on tails tomorrow, thanks mach for bringing that up, I remember seeing your post with pics when I was bck in nc, ad back than was livng in apartment comples with no where to spray paint and let dry comfortably,but now back in cali I can.

So I installed the basis rear sway bar, eibach pro s coilovers, and new spoiler, unfortunately imma keep this short as I'm not home near a computer. Tony and I had to uninstall them earlier today, there was a dead shock. Ill type a more detailed review later, but just keep in mind that they were so good that a dead shock was the last thing we thought the vibration problem I was having was from. I will wash the car tomorrow and take pictures of the spoiler, but as for lowered gotta wait till eibach sends a replacement shock. And hopfully have enough time to do black liner mod too and grab pics of that as well for you guys.

Cant wait to see it bro sounds amazing im ready to install my springs too

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::YEAH!!!!!::

· Registered
621 Posts

Dead shocks? Did the pro street S that you ordered come with dead shocks?

Sent from Tapatalk

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dead shocks? Did the pro street S that you ordered come with dead shocks?

Sent from Tapatalk
Honestly I never thought to check the shock before putting it in, and it was just one, the one on Front Driver side, I have a picture of it too...I wont go and flame Eibach they been amazing, Tony's been amazing dealing with them, and they are going to swap it out.

On another note, sorry for not uploading pictures sooner, I didnt really have time this weekend to upload pics on the computer, and Tapatalk doesnt have that good picture upload with it, so here are the pics of everything but the shocks, and I will update the first post with whats new too =P

Heres them new in the box

And the dead one

The cars rear just in the air, nothing special lol

Heres the JDP Spoiler on from the rear, not best view to check it out I guess lol, but I did do that taillight mod too, but think my coats werent thick enough.

Spoiler from the angled

And from the side =P

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Looking good. How did you go about installing the rear diffuser? I tried to get mine on today, but the fitment wasn't that good, so I left it for another day. Thinking I may have to remove the rear bumper to get it to fit better.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking good. How did you go about installing the rear diffuser? I tried to get mine on today, but the fitment wasn't that good, so I left it for another day. Thinking I may have to remove the rear bumper to get it to fit better.
If you try to put the diffuser under the bumper that will not work, I had Tony install mine cuz I was a lil dumbfounded when installing it at first too, it fits over the gap and we 3m'd it to the bumper itself. Hope this clarifies what your issue is, if not than keep asking questions I am sure to hit the right mark soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.