Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wonderin if anyone has two 12in subs in there car. and if u do please post pics. i was thinkin about doin it cause i have four 12's just sitting in my house an wonderin if i should put them in just for the hell of it. i know most people would think it would blow the windows out of such a little car but i got to use them for something

·
Registered
53 Posts
well, so many ways to answers this... Listen, back in the day building walls in CRX's was such a common thing it became second nature. 4-15" subs was the shit...

to boom, or not to boom? that is the question here... honestly the biggest issue with hybrid vehicles like the CR-Z is how the charging system works. I would love to build a wall of subs in CRZ like use to in the CRX but how do you supply the current to the amplifiers with no alternator?

Short and simple, you cant drive large sub systems without major modifications to your engine and charging system....

if you have the cash anything is possible... so let it rip..

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Kreaper -

Our cars don't have an alternator because the role of charging the 12V is taken over by the IMA system. The car has a DC-DC transfer cable that will siphon and charge the 12V front battery as needed, all recharging performed by rear battery pack.

One could run a "wall" of subs without much impact aside from a slight impact in fuel economy around town. Drawing more power means more charge siphoned out of the rear pack. Will only really impact you around town where you don't get as much steady 1 bar regen while cruising along.

I had a 250 self powered sub in the trunk for a couple years on my Civic Hybrid. My DC-DC cable was even replaced once under warranty and I was never questioned. Fully covered under the 10 year / 150,000 mile hybrid coverage. Not that I was running anything crazy but I doubt worries about honoring the warranty should be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.