Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other previous Subaru owners on this forum? I traded my 09 Impreza 2.5i and now when I talk about it on NASIOC I always get flamed. Why do all the other owners of non Honda's bash Honda? Is it because they can't touch Honda reliability.

My Impreza had too many issues for only being a 2009. PS pump failed, transmission had to be pulled for flywheel issues, brakes. I'm glad I traded. No more worries and now i'm saving gas and getting head turns

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had Tribeca B9, end up with smoking engine, chipped paint. But mostly i did not like
how it reacts on fresh snow. Comparing with Honda Element before and Toyota Venza after, both have better AWD system. But still miss Tribeca comfort...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I visited iwsti and naisoc many times looking for a 2005-2007 STI. All of them are expensive and ridiculously priced and I don't believe anyone that says they haven't beaten or abused thier car. There is just NO-WAY to tell, oh yeah, unless you ask that TOTAL STRANGER that pops up on every thread who can "vouch for him" LOL ... it's like buddy...I don't know you any better than I know the seller. /rant

Anyway, coming from the muscle car scene (2005 GTO) the reason I always put my nose up on Honda were too many younger persons ( I am young too ) used them for racing and modify the crap out of them with many ugly visual mods. I mean no matter which way they chop it.... Honda's are not fast cars! period! and that's where the frustration probably comes from IMO with other ppl who don't like Honda. Sure..there's the occasional s2000 but I have never seen a Honda blow the doors away from a Z06.

I started taking a different approach and perspective on purchasing cars now. I drive a 2002 toyota prius and want more fun out of it. Then I saw the CRZ and loved it. I know from the get-go it's not a fast car so it doesn't bug me one bit. To me, on my test drive, it had plenty of power for it's purpose. That and because Honda's are so reliable and to me, they have the best looking interiors I've seen in many cars. Very "futuristic" looking. And I'm into that look...

Anyway, to sum it up, I think that's where they're frustration might come from. But you gotta look at the CRZ from a different angle. It's not supposed to be a awd rally star.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Anyway, coming from the muscle car scene (2005 GTO) the reason I always put my nose up on Honda were too many younger persons ( I am young too ) used them for racing and modify the crap out of them with many ugly visual mods. I mean no matter which way they chop it.... Honda's are not fast cars! period! and that's where the frustration probably comes from IMO with other ppl who don't like Honda. Sure..there's the occasional s2000 but I have never seen a Honda blow the doors away from a Z06.
:thumbsup: Hard to argue, but....

started taking a different approach and perspective on purchasing cars now. I drive a 2002 toyota prius and want more fun out of it.
Talk about a juxtaposition in its contrast definition.

I saw the CRZ and loved it. I know from the get-go it's not a fast car so it doesn't bug me one bit. To me, on my test drive, it had plenty of power for it's purpose. That and because Honda's are so reliable and to me, they have the best looking interiors I've seen in many cars. Very "futuristic" looking. And I'm into that look...
Getting back to center... Great...

to sum it up, I think that's where they're frustration might come from. But you gotta look at the CRZ from a different angle. It's not supposed to be a awd rally star.
Yep, a daily, really fun driver that gets excellent gas mileage. But then again, in my little 7 mile commute to work and back, I see on average 5 Prius (no kidding, I'm serious) and since I bought my CR-Z, seen only 2 CR-Zs.

:rolleyes:
I'm surrounded...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.