Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Stupid Question

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Defiant 
#1 ·
So I'm getting ready to finally get the RSX Type S front brakes and new rear brakes on. I want to make sure that I got all the right parts. Namely the hardware kits.

So up front I am ordering the hardware kit for the Type S even though I am using the CRZ Calipers...is that correct?

The rears have me confused...so nothing changed besides the pads (S2000). I called Honda and they gave me different part numbers for the kit. Are these parts interchangeable? Can I used the CRZ kit for rear?

Lastly I will be getting 10 mm spacers so I guess if the dealership has these in stock or I buy them on Amazon I got some time. Just want to get it right so there will be no trouble for the shop when they install all the parts.
Thank you!!

#2 ·
#3 ·
No I'm buying the spacers from kamispeed. I have read through the linked post, but I also read through another post that said you don't need to get the Type S calipers, just the brackets.

So there is my confusion...if I don't get the calipers do I need to get the RSX hardware kit or can I use the CRZ hardware kit? Same for the rears...my calipers will remain CRZ calipers but the pads are S2000, and when I asked about the part numbers I got different numbers that is why I am asking. I'll look through the write up again to see if I missed anything.

#4 ·
When you say hardware kit do you mean the clips/ retainers? If so I'm pretty sure you need the rsx ones for the front as you need the brackets for the front and the clips sit on the brackets.

However I think people recommend changing the caliper and brake lines as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
I got the brake lines and rotors/pads/brackets. So all that's left is the hardware kit (clips and retainers).
Thanks for the info....I'm going to try and make it work with the OEM calipers unless I can find a cheaper pair of calipers for the RSX.

#6 ·
I was using RSX Type S clips and retainers on my setup because they came with the pads I got. They are more for the bracket than the caliper. You may run into some issues with RSX pads being a little thicker than CR-Z pads, and that's why people recommend the RSX calipers, but you'll probably be fine without them.

#9 ·
Spacers from kamispeed shipped today. Should be here Friday.
Rear Retainers ordered and should be here tomorrow.
Front hardware going to be picked up today from Acura.

Then its to the shop next weekend for the big install!
Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.