Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I purchased my Z and wanted an armrest installed. I purchased the Honda accessory, and my dealer is doing the install.

The car was supposed to be ready last Friday, but I got a call from the service manager (one of them anyway) to tell me that when they went to install the new armrest, they had to remove some parts. The shifter box in the center console could not be removed because of a stripped screw. It seems that the screw was over-torqued at the factory.

The parts needed are supposed to arrive late today (Monday) and be installed tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I've got a nice Accord coupe to drive around with sun roof, XM radio, bluetooth, etc. It's not my Z, but it hasn't been too much of a hardship.

I was just trying to find out if anyone else has experienced this problem.

sparrow

·
Registered
145 Posts
sparrow

i did the same thing: ordered the center console from ebay. had install at local honda dealer - not the one i bought the car from. they had an aftermarket expert on hand.
the install done in 1 day: charged 1 1/2 hrs. didn't have a problem - came out nice. except they didn't vacuum after their install: drilling bits all over the rear.

center console is nice but not that big. only use it to position my self when i enter the car. and for some storage - very little.

but nice to have!!

post some pics when done.
later
dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what would be nice, and make the cost of the center console easier to take? How about an audio jack and 12-volt receptacle. There is enough room in the armrest well and it would add a lot.

sparrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.