Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered my CRZ, delivery in a couple of weeks. We have one larger car for practical trips etc but we shall use the CRZ for holidays at times and I was thinking about maximizing the boot space. I was just wondering about the large polystyrene block under the boot floor and if that could be removed (or just reduced in height) to increase the boot space on occasions? I am guessing the battery below gives off some heat etc but how about a thinner polystyrene cover with a foil backing? Seems like it would create useful extra space but I am suspicious it has been filled with the polystyrene for a reason.

Just an idle thought whilst I await delivery. I am selling my Elise to get the Honda so I can cope with a small boot!

BW

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some markets have a spare wheel, thats why the apace is there.
One thing to be careful about if you do remove that polystyrene is that the boot floor will need support if you put any weight at all on it. The battery shouldn't get really hot, it would destroy it, but don't aim to use that space as a cool-box for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.