Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I look at my stock wheels, the more they're growing on me. I'm seriously thinking about just getting some 20mm wheel spacers to push them out a little and maybe getting wider tires on them. Also looking at either Tein or Eibach Pro Kit to give me a subtle 1" drop. Anyone like this idea? Also, does anyone know of a good, wide tire size to run on these stock wheels?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
The more I look at my stock wheels, the more they're growing on me. I'm seriously thinking about just getting some 20mm wheel spacers to push them out a little and maybe getting wider tires on them. Also looking at either Tein or Eibach Pro Kit to give me a subtle 1" drop. Anyone like this idea? Also, does anyone know of a good, wide tire size to run on these stock wheels?
Of course, I agree - your going to do Springs and Spacers, would wait till that is done before considering wider tires.

·
Registered
689 Posts
when i found out the mugen rims i wanted where 17 i started look at potawhewr rims in the stock size and, like you, the more i look at the socks the more i like them. might have to get them powered coated to a nicer color though

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spacers just for the back? 20mm = new studs?

I'd seriously think about it if there was a way to do it without replacing the studs - the back wheels are set in way too deep. Ugly.
for safety's sake, def get new studs. i had 5mm on my integra and i needed new studs. the H&R kit comes with them anyway. i was gonna go with 20mm rear and 10mm front for the crz. another thing to think about.. when i got 5mm rears in my integra, it induced understeer even when my suspension was fully built and tuned. so i might think of just going 20mm all around for the crz.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
for safety's sake, def get new studs. i had 5mm on my integra and i needed new studs. the H&R kit comes with them anyway. i was gonna go with 20mm rear and 10mm front for the crz. another thing to think about.. when i got 5mm rears in my integra, it induced understeer even when my suspension was fully built and tuned. so i might think of just going 20mm all around for the crz.
Don't know that 20mm will work on the front. Take the proper measurements..

·
Registered
674 Posts
you don't need to replace the studs with 20mm in the rear if you get the type 2 spacer that has studs on the spacer itself.
So the factory studs are ~20mm or stock 16s have openings to fit the delta?

Dammit, I don't want to mod my DD, but that econobox offset upsets me after years of euro-designed cars.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
the front track width becomes smaller than the rear rather than equal. the front wheels already have to drive and turn. when the rear track gets wider it gets harder to get the car to rotate when the wheel is turned increasing understeer. its a general concept that applies to all FWD cars.

this also works in reverse. if you reverse stagger and increase the front track the car turns in better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
After 3 months of ownership, I waxed my 16" OEM's clearcoat with an old can of Mother's Natural Carnauba for the second time, I want these wheels to last; they're simple five-spokes and well thought through by Honda styling. I think I'll use synthetic wax for my wheels in the future, since it's more durable and suited for the hard life of wheels, but I'll stick with the carnauba wax for the body.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.