Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my CRz but it’s just too damn low I keep tearing it up and diving for Uber eats Florida floods are bad news I got to get the front end up I’m thinking the car may already be lowered or at 136k miles worn down . can anyone tell me how high the center of the front wheel well cut out should be off the ground on a stock 2011 CRZ . Or any other way to tell. I’m going to get new shocks I don’t know whether to try to get a small lift kit also.

·
Super Moderator
6,638 Posts
Front is Struts not shocks. While the CR-Z is lower than other cars I have owned it is not super terrible but I have scraped in some parking garages and other driveways when I can't enter at an angle. Whenever possible I always back in. I have always questioned the usefulness and purpose of lowering a car like many have done here and then having to drive them on the horrible roads we have here in the US.

There was a thread on here about someone somewhere else where he did manage to raise his. Have a suspension shop look at yours and have them determine if your suspension is worn out or lowered or just have them all replaced with Stock (equivalent).

Lots of options for struts and shocks. Considering the mileage if it were me I would replace all 4 corners. You may want to consider other parts of the suspension for replacement too. At least the mounts/bearings at the top of the struts since they will be accessible when you pull the current ones. Maybe the springs too. I have used KYB and Gabriel on previous cars.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I think that Eibach offers springs to raise a vehicle. Later today, I will have a look if I can find more information on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts