Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I purchased a 2012 used and the car just seems a tad low and stiff compared to other hondas I have owned. Can someone let me know what the stock front and rear ride height should be so I can see maybe if the pervious own changed anything?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Easy way to check is that OEM springs/shocks/struts are black, and didn't have some aftermarket manufacturer's label on them.

Other thing to consider is that the CRZ rides low and stiff compared to other hondas. If you're expecting this to ride like an Accord, you came to the wrong town.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I expect it to ride stiffer and lower then accord, comparing it more to a civic coup. The issue it had a K&N air intake so was wondering if the guy swap out the suspension.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The CR-Z does seem low compared to some, and that's exaggerated by the long chin, but I don't think it actually sits any lower when stock than say a 2009 Accord coupe. I find the ride feels similar to a 2013 Civic SI that I drove, maybe a touch more on the go-cart side of things. Depending on the mileage I would think that your 2012 would have softened up a little by now, if anything. Always possible(but not for sure) that the springs and shocks have been changed, especially when you have evidence of other mods. What @96firephoenix suggested is a good place to start. There are members who know the specific numbers of what you're looking for, just a matter of them reading and responding to your thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info, I will try to move the wheels so I can get a good look at the struts and springs. It just that is like 20 deg here so not fun laying on the ground. The car is great in the twisties but when I hit bumpy roads it feel like those cars that so lowered that it has no suspension. That is the main reason I asked.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thank you for the info, I will try to move the wheels so I can get a good look at the struts and springs. It just that is like 20 deg here so not fun laying on the ground. The car is great in the twisties but when I hit bumpy roads it feel like those cars that so lowered that it has no suspension. That is the main reason I asked.
I'm on stock suspension, and that sounds about how I'd describe it... You might have aftermarket springs, but the factory setup rides pretty stiff.

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
Just a rough measurement, but on my stock suspension and snow tires (OEM size,) the front height from the ground to the fender well at the hub center is 25-1/4 to 25-1/2 inches, and the rear is an inch higher. (the front driver's side was about 1/4" lower than the passenger side.) My Mugen suspension on the other CR-Z, lowered the height just less than an inch.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Why not just look under the back of the car. The springs and shocks are right there. The shocks will have a Honda part number on them xxx-SZT-xxx and possibly still have the white sticker. The springs will be black as well with a red and yellow IIRC paint mark.

Unless someone went through the trouble to spraypaint the parts black nearly all aftermarket suspension stuff is a different, bright, tacky color.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not just look under the back of the car. The springs and shocks are right there. The shocks will have a Honda part number on them xxx-SZT-xxx and possibly still have the white sticker. The springs will be black as well with a red and yellow IIRC paint mark.

Unless someone went through the trouble to spraypaint the parts black nearly all aftermarket suspension stuff is a different, bright, tacky color.
Because by the time I get home its past five and my friends shop is closed. I dont have a garage to put the car in and the parking lots and driveways are covered in salt because I live in the Northeast :(

I am trying to put the car back to stock and remove any aftermarket stuff the past owner put on. Since the ride was on the hard side I wanted to make sure that stuff was not change. I plan on measuring to and taking to my friends shop when I get some time.

All the info you guys supplied is great, I really appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts