Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the new steering wheel cover that i bought, and stumbled a "problem".

Can I loosen the Mesh part? for inserting the cover under it?
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
If I remember correctly, that mesh is embedded into the rim of the wheel, so you can't just lift and tuck.... You might just be able to roll the edge of the fabric under itself a get out the needle and thread and stitch it through, using the holes of the mesh. Would like to see a whole pic of the finished wheel wrap, for sure. :)

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
Yes, you can, you need to remove the silver trim piece if I recall correctly. When I wrapped my steering wheel, I removed the mesh piece, wrapped it, then basically smashed the edge under the little mesh piece.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
I don't remember exactly how off the top of my head. I think you remove the airbag, then there's screws in the back holding it on. I removed the steering wheel from the car but I don't know if that's necessary

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
There are probably videos or tutorials you can find online. Sorry I can't be of much help, that was a bit over a year ago at this point.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
You may be able to remove the silver piece without removing the whole steering wheel. Not 100% sure, though. I'll check when I get a chance and I'll get back to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts