Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, if any question arises about the warranty related to any component of your car, look at the last page in the warranty handbook for basic guidance. Apparently minimum warranties for all parts vary by state. For example, CA warranties are the best and you will note that all parts in CA have the best terms, like the battery pack for example, which I believe was 15 years or 150,000 miles, but don't quote me. In contrast, it sucks to be a Floridian like me, where the warranty on the battery pack, and you can quote me on this one, is 8 years 100,000 miles. I found that last page of the warranty manual to be very informative and I'd encourage everyone to look at your coverage.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Guys, if any question arises about the warranty related to any component of your car, look at the last page in the warranty handbook for basic guidance. Apparently minimum warranties for all parts vary by state. For example, CA warranties are the best and you will note that all parts in CA have the best terms, like the battery pack for example, which I believe was 15 years or 150,000 miles, but don't quote me. In contrast, it sucks to be a Floridian like me, where the warranty on the battery pack, and you can quote me on this one, is 8 years 100,000 miles. I found that last page of the warranty manual to be very informative and I'd encourage everyone to look at your coverage.
CA, 15 years?. Makes sense kinda sorta. Here is Washington state, it is the standard 8/100k. Probably like that in most other states.

Anyone in CA looked at their battery warranty?

R/Scott

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott, I could have sworn that I saw that WA was in a better tier than the standard, "other states" warranty. Did you check out the manual?

Off topic: I dig your hair, I'm on a quest to grow mine to roughly that length. I'd say I'm 15%-20% there. How long do you think I'm looking at?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Scott, I could have sworn that I saw that WA was in a better tier than the standard, "other states" warranty. Did you check out the manual?

Off topic: I dig your hair, I'm on a quest to grow mine to roughly that length. I'd say I'm 15%-20% there. How long do you think I'm looking at?
Ouch, glad you made me look closer. I guess it is why I trade em in every 4 years or so.

Here is what the manual says here in WA State.
100% 36 months
37-45 60% of replacement cost
46-55 50%
56-65 40%
66-75 30%
76-85 20%
86-95 10%
96-100 5%

= 8 years and 4 months?

off topic: at the time of that pic, probably about 16 months with intermittant trims. 16 months from a Military haircut.

R/Scott

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ouch, glad you made me look closer. I guess it is why I trade em in every 4 years or so.

Here is what the manual says here in WA State.
100% 36 months
37-45 60% of replacement cost
46-55 50%
56-65 40%
66-75 30%
76-85 20%
86-95 10%
96-100 5%

= 8 years and 4 months?

off topic: at the time of that pic, probably about 16 months with intermittant trims. 16 months from a Military haircut.

R/Scott
We have discussed this issue before. The warranty you are referencing above is the warranty on the 12 volt regular battery, not for the IMA battery which is warranted 100% for 8 years and 100k miles. longer in CARB States

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
We have discussed this issue before. The warranty you are referencing above is the warranty on the 12 volt regular battery, not for the IMA battery which is warranted 100% for 8 years and 100k miles. longer in CARB States
Aye, shows you how much I really know. Object lesson here; Scotty is maybe OK in general advice, but his tech a CR-Z specific advise eh Sucks (does that violate profanity policies) :staffmeeting:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sucks is ok in my book, my dictionary sized book lol

tcroly nailed it, the "greener" states come with better warranties. pretty awesome stuff. not awesome that cali is changing the HOV laws though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.