1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
sounds great. do it! no positive benefits, but it looks great.

i'm running 17x8.5 // 9.5 currently my mpg was 35.7 for 800 mi. trip going 65-90mpg ave. 75

i've actually ordered a cheaper set of wheels 17x8.25 +35 // 9.75 +25. i'll update with new fitment and pix in about a month. will also be getting my coilovers soon

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you want to add more understeer then go ahead.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Honda 17" factory rims a 1" drop and 20mm rear hub centric spacers? Can still rotate tires and get the same mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honda 17" factory rims a 1" drop and 20mm rear hub centric spacers? Can still rotate tires and get the same mileage.

i have a grudge against spacers ever since they nearly killed me back in the 90's during the "mini truckin" phase. i had enkei car wheels on an s-10 and was using a similar sized spacer. probably due to not being lowered the front studs broke at about 55mph putting me in a ditch. :cry: i actually never felt safe driving that truck from then on, even after i switched to truck wheels

car looks great btw. nice subtle drop and love the optional wheels

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
i have a grudge against spacers ever since they nearly killed me back in the 90's during the "mini truckin" phase. i had enkei car wheels on an s-10 and was using a similar sized spacer. probably due to not being lowered the front studs broke at about 55mph putting me in a ditch. :cry: i actually never felt safe driving that truck from then on, even after i switched to truck wheels

car looks great btw. nice subtle drop and love the optional wheels

Thanks. Yea, I did a lot of going back and forth on the spacers. Think the bottom line was the new tech, hub centric and getting the look for the right price while still keeping things as stock Honda (at least outwardly) as possible.

It is what I think the CR-Z should look like coming off the lot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think you're going to be good w/ the spacers just in the rear. it was always my fronts that broke *both times*

since we own 3 hondas, if the staggered wheels dont work out i could always buy matching wheels. but i think as a "put put" car, it will be fine and look tits

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.