Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for CAI or SRI for my CVT 11' CR-Z but after searching around the site, I still haven't found a clear consensus on what sort of intake will work best for my car without and leaks a few months from now.

Suggestions anyone?

I'm still a newb, so I'm aware my thread maybe moved. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Don't know of any leak issues. I have the K&N Typhoon SRI, had it for awhile now, no problems. Others have the takeda SRI...havent heard any problems with those either. For CAI, many have the BLF and many others. Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have the Takeda (an enclosed SRI), and love it to death. The install is a piece of cake. The original Takeda (version 1) did have an issue where it would rattle against the transmission. But as long as you make sure you get version 2, you won't have any issues at all.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I've had the AEM CAI for what seems like forever- almost 60k and at least 40k of them with AEM.... No issues (that I know of :scared: )

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have the blf CAI, installed as short ram for now. Waiting for spring to do the full system, but its nice having 2 intake systems in one. Hopefully I can install the bypass valve without any issues, Ive got a CVT as well.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a 2011 with CVT running the K&N Short Ram for over a year, no issues yet *knock on wood*

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
Takeda CAI V2 sounds good. Thanks guys. Any other CVT suggestions are welcomed
Just to prevent any confusion - a Cold Air Intake (CAI) is going to be routed underneath the engine (usually under the front bumper) in order to pull cold air in (hopefully not cold water). The Takada as is the K&N Typhoon are considered a Short Ram Intake (SRI)..

I have the Typhoon on my CVT and have been happy with it for several years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to prevent any confusion - a Cold Air Intake (CAI) is going to be routed underneath the engine (usually under the front bumper) in order to pull cold air in (hopefully not cold water). The Takada as is the K&N Typhoon are considered a Short Ram Intake (SRI)..

I have the Typhoon on my CVT and have been happy with it for several years.
Thanks Scotty001!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update - Just installed the Takeda V2 last night. The throttle response in sport and normal mode is amazing. Who woulda thought a box of pricey plastic and a big air filter could make such a difference. BL catback or components and an amplifier may be my next purchase mod.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Injen SP Cold Air Intake and haven't run into any issues. It completely changes the sound of the car above 4K and sounds amazing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts