Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

springs or intake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Hey guys so im gonna be coming into a little bit of money and wanna upgrade something...got the itch...which should i go with..and what brand??
Your pref. Springs for looks and maybe handling depending on your preferences. Intake if your looking for a little more ummph when hitting the gas.

Biggest bang for the buck in getting your CR-Z looking good would be springs and maybe spacers or rims/rubber.

More ummph, then it is an intake and/or exhaust.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
i want both though, just torn which to do first...and if i do springs i will be doing 20mm spacers in the rear as well
My suggestion would be springs and the spacers in the rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely springs first if the other option is intake. From a shallow standpoint, springs would be an improvement for looks and handling. Intake would just be performance.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Springs, definitely. You get a nicer stance AND better handling. The intake would just give you a minimal performance boost and maybe sound "better".

I went with wheels and a cf hood first, as there are no springs I'm aware of that come with Tüv papers yet, and those are required to make it street legal here for some reason.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I would go with exhaust over intake. Gains on the exhaust are par or better than the intake and no risk of hydrolock.

So far ive just done wheels tires as number 1, axleback exhaust as #2, and coilovers as #3. Being that this car will be wintered i think that having a reliable spring strut combo to go to for winter driving is most important.

Blowing struts and replacing them with OEM ones how ever many miles down the road not to mention all the hassle and such isnt worth it. Just get a suspension designed to optimize springs and strut firmness, and have an OEM backup in case something bad happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.