Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Florida,

These forums were extremely helpful in my purchase, so thank you everyone.

PWP EX 6 Speed

I have a plethora of parts from my Lexus IS300 build and my wife's Scion XB build.
first official mod!

The flower shift knob is from my wifes Scion XB build. Its the one car part I get the most interest in, especially at Drive Thrus.

I have a set of 17x9 RPF1's collecting dust...Hmmmmm... Might throw those on for a test fit today.

Cheers!

****BUILD SPECS****
Exterior:
Team Heko visors
Yellow Vinyl Foglights

Interior:
DIY Brighter Floor Lights

Electronics:
Focal 6.5" Components
DIY PolyFil Subwoofer

Engine:
Takeda V2 Intake
Ktuner ECU

Suspension:
Ground Control Coils

Wheels/Brakes:
Enkei RPF1 Starlight Purple Metallic Powdercoat 17x9 +45
Kosei K1 Gunmetal 17x17.5 +45
Falken 453 Azenis

Planned:
Sprintex Supercharger
Spoon Front Sway Bar
Eibach Pro Street Coilovers
RSX Wilwood Dynalight 2 Piece Brake Kit
CWEST Rear Spoiler
Master Label Vinyl Wrap
Lots of track time

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am located in Port St Lucie, just north of West Palm Beach.

I had my first morning commute. Going from 18 mpg to 45 mpg is fantastic.

I also own a 2013 Black Lexus CT200h (family car/wife's daily) and the MPG compared to the CRZ is great. Its a shame the sticker reads 39mpg. I'm sure that deterred people from even looking at it.

City Driving the CT200h I average 47 mpg, but Im in EV mode a lot. (<44mph)
City Driving the CRZ Day 1 (still learning to drive it) I average 45 mpg, and more fun!

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Hello Spooner. Welcome to the forum!
Great to hear we were of help in your decision - congratulations on your choice.

Also very interesting about the CT-200H. I was seriously considering that one vs the CR-Z before I purchased the Honda. Your comments confirmed my gut feeling that I made the right choice.

Looking forward to hearing more about your opinions on this car, and mods.

Meanwhile, enjoy! :vtec:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to 'Z' ownership. I won't make any comments on the color. :giggle:

Have fun with the mods and the increased fuel economy. I went from a VW Golf that got maybe 25 to over 40 on average (with some tanks at 50+).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the love guys. I was able to get out of work early yesterday and did a few more things.

Nokya 2500k 9005's from my IS300's highbeams

The FL sun was my enemy yesterday and I couldn't snag a good pic of both lights.

I felt confident after the bulbs so I decided to try on my old shoes from the Lexus.

I am sad to say I think they are heavier than the 16's, so it kinda goes against my car building philosophy of FUNCTION>FORM so they might have to go...They sure do look puuurty with the NeoChrome Lugnuts though.

As for it being too high, don't be jealous of my suspension travel!!! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok the wife passed out on the couch so I thought it would be a great time to entertain myself and do another mod to the car.

OEM H11 Fog Lights vs Nokya 2500 H11 Fog Light Bulbs

I'm impressed with the beam pattern and cut offs.
I dig it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool ITEM9, maybe we can meet up next time you are in Stuart.

I spent some time removing the pin striping that was added on. The car has natural beautiful lines, I didn't need artificial ones.

I tried the rear badges next

I found the rest of my Focal components in the attic. I also bought some coax for the rear. Speaker upgrade first then a head unit along with a 8" Tang Band subwoofer next month.

I'm painting my 17x9 RPF1s glossy black. I can't wait to put them back on. Ordering Eibach coilovers and ill be set for a long while.

Cheers!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Focals are installed. I guess the depth of the rear focal access coax is too deep. I am going to go with their newer poly glass coax for the rear now.

Just the front components installed sound Ok. I'm use to them running 100w. So an amp and headunit are in order. The colors of the tweeters match the car though :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a quick update of some pictures before the coilovers go on. I picked up a new Canon SL1 and I have zero experience with photography, but the wife and I are trying to improve our skills.

Stay tuned for drop and refreshed Enkeis going back on.

Ps:maybe I can get this moved from new member thread??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts