Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
...And that's driving like that jackass who treats every stop light like a drag race,...
LOL! I had a coworker tell me I could get better gas mileage, if only I didn't drive like that. 'Cept, I have other priorities.:grin2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL! I had a coworker tell me I could get better gas mileage, if only I didn't drive like that. 'Cept, I have other priorities.:grin2:
Making sure I can hear the turbo spool up is my priority... Gotta make sure it's working.

Still don't know where my mpgs are.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Larger injectors are in, and the engine is happier for it, if not making notably more power. Red is the most recent tune.

Did some testing up to 7k RPM and the ICE is making about 10HP more than at 6300, but the IMA shuts down at stock redline (someone owes me a big I-told-you-so for that) so total is down about 15HP from peak.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
That's a REALLY healthy torque curve. Thanks for posting your experiences, @Crash - good information to have.

Thought this was a very neat comparison of the supercharged LEA versus a K20Z3 in case anyone was curious. It's remarkable how similar the torque and power curves are up to 6500rpm. The combination of the HPD kit and the GE8 cam are working wonders!

K20Z3 CR-Z Dyno Plot by Oliver Flower, on Flickr

·
Registered
388 Posts
@Ken did ktuner have anything to say about this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
@Ken did ktuner have anything to say about this?
Anything in particular? I can ask tomorrow!

We're still working out some higher rpm bugs. I have 270cc injectors so may not be as helpful as I could be. Guessing I need 450cc injectors though I'm quite happy with how it's running.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Anything in particular? I can ask tomorrow!

We're still working out some higher rpm bugs. I have 270cc injectors so may not be as helpful as I could be. Guessing I need 450cc injectors though I'm quite happy with how it's running.
Wondering if they were able to get the IMA to work over 6300 RPM.
I stepped up to the RDX injectors, 410cc, when we got to 200hp over 6k rpm. 270s were maxed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm here to super necro this thread.

Did anyone ever run this cam setup with a HKS SC? Or even better, the better HKS 7040? @NathWraith does your 7040 build have this cam or are you considering it?

Thanks guys 🙏

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, my car setup is also HKS GTS7040 with HKS injector and stock cam. With Maxxecu Mini tuned, it can achieve 201bhp and torque 239Nm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone confirm part number for fit RS cam , is it a ge8 cam or are there 2 different models of fit . We never got the 1.5 here in UK . Apparently the spoon high cam is a RS fit . Is this the ge8 .cheers

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can anyone confirm part number for fit RS cam , is it a ge8 cam or are there 2 different models of fit . We never got the 1.5 here in UK . Apparently the spoon high cam is a RS fit . Is this the ge8 .cheers
There are a few different models and engines, depending on where they were sold. You want the cam from a 2007-2012 1.5L fit or jazz. US part number for the cam is 14110-RB1-J00
but don't forget you need the rocker arms and their supporting hardware, too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My rocker arm part mumber is same as JDM zf2 and ge8 , so I think does not need changing ? My cam part is same as zf2 as well
Not super familiar with which variants you got in the UK. RHD so you probably got actual ZF2s?
What is your redline rpm? If it's higher than 6200 then your engine is likely different than the one the spoon and ge8 swap is meant for. Over here we got the updated battery but didn't get the updated engine (basically 3 versions of the ZF1) so the cam swap works on all years of ours.

or just check the VIN. If it starts ZF2-------- than you can sleep knowing you had the better version already

·
Registered
388 Posts
My cam part 14110-RB7-Z00
My Rocker arm part 14620-RB1-010
My son's pre facelift cam 14110-RTW-000
I've only experienced and seen the cam swap where people replaced your son's cam with the one from the ge8. Yours looks to be something different and already made to rev higher so probably maintains torque higher up, which is the point of the swap. Would swapping help you? Maybe? Probably fewer gains than we've seen replacing the pre facelift cam. New ground as far as I know.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts