Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:eek:hsnap:

How much money was spent on the CR-Z to get that .5 seconds per lap?
For them, not much. For us? lol It's Spoon, afterall.

I'm actually a bit surprised the CRZ won. What kind of civic was that? What was done to it?

After hearing that, I'm extremely surprised just how quiet the Spoon exhaust actually is. Quietest I've heard, by far. I may just have to pick one up. But I still dislike the tip.

Hybrids are the new era of performance cars. Actually, Porsche made a hybrid GT 3! I believe it's slated for Q1 2011.

:eek:fftopic:

That was just so cool to see. .5 second ain't no joke.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the spoon exhaust doesnt include a midpipe, thats prob why its quiet...

when i saw euro-r i thought it was the k20a Honda accord!! Still a good video.
Really? Now I'm even more impressed it won! I wonder if anonther mid pipe will mate up to the Spoon? I doubt it, but there's hope.

I'm leaning towards the HKS w/ mid pipe or the yet to be released, seen on Hybridkoop's CR-Z; Turbo-Kits.com upon release. It's going to be a fair price, since it's U.S. manufactured.

What civic was that? I've never seen one. Is that the JDM hatch of the gen8?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Well the stock midpipe does and im sure a shop can make a midpipe that will work. I think i might get a J's racing axleback from another car and then get a midpipe made for me... not sure yet.

The civic is an FN2. Its the european type r. I think its a torsion beam rear like our car and it has a variant of the K20 in it im pretty sure.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Really? Now I'm even more impressed it won! I wonder if anonther mid pipe will mate up to the Spoon? I doubt it, but there's hope.

I'm leaning towards the HKS w/ mid pipe or the yet to be released, seen on Hybridkoop's CR-Z; Turbo-Kits.com upon release. It's going to be a fair price, since it's U.S. manufactured.

What civic was that? I've never seen one. Is that the JDM hatch of the gen8?
It's the FN2, UK model :)
Yes it's an 8th Gen, from 2007+

I gotta say I'm really impressed with that Spoon CR-Z... How much money am I expecting to pay if i wanted mine to be just like that? Surely I'll then embarrass my friends type r and hopefully my cousin's corolla t-sport lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It's the FN2, UK model :)
Yes it's an 8th Gen, from 2007+

I gotta say I'm really impressed with that Spoon CR-Z... How much money am I expecting to pay if i wanted mine to be just like that? Surely I'll then embarrass my friends type r and hopefully my cousin's corolla t-sport lol
"This tuner version of the CR-Z will be available as a complete car later this year for about $8000 plus the cost of the car. For more information, go to the company’s website"

more information at Road Test of the 2011 Spoon Sports CR-Z - Full Authoritative Test of the 2011 Spoon Sports CR-Z at RoadandTrack.com

If this car is the exact spec as the Spoon race CRZs then it has a custom reflash, built motor and more

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
"This tuner version of the CR-Z will be available as a complete car later this year for about $8000 plus the cost of the car. For more information, go to the company’s website"

more information at Road Test of the 2011 Spoon Sports CR-Z - Full Authoritative Test of the 2011 Spoon Sports CR-Z at RoadandTrack.com

If this car is the exact spec as the Spoon race CRZs then it has a custom reflash, built motor and more
"I predict the Spoon CR-Z will still get around 25/29 mpg city/highway."

Deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wonder if that Civic Type R has a LSD. If not, I think it may stand a chance when it has one.
BTW, I've notice that in the video Tsuchiya san shift at 6500rpm, not 7500rpm as the Spoon CR-Z rev limit.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
"I predict the Spoon CR-Z will still get around 25/29 mpg city/highway."

Deal breaker.
Its clear from your posts in the intake thread and this one that your primary reason for getting the CRZ was for MPGs which is fine, but thats not the primary reason everyone else did. The mileage happened to be a plus for me but not the main reason i got the car. The motor on that Spoon car is completely built. There aren't many built motor cars that send back that kind of mileage. To each his own though.

I wonder if that Civic Type R has a LSD. If not, I think it may stand a chance when it has one.
BTW, I've notice that in the video Tsuchiya san shift at 6500rpm, not 7500rpm as the Spoon CR-Z rev limit.
i didnt notice that at first.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Its clear from your posts in the intake thread and this one that your primary reason for getting the CRZ was for MPGs which is fine, but thats not the primary reason everyone else did. The mileage happened to be a plus for me but not the main reason i got the car. The motor on that Spoon car is completely built. There aren't many built motor cars that send back that kind of mileage. To each his own though.

i didnt notice that at first.
I got mine as a commuter car but fortunately I'm replacing something that only gets 18mpg so even if all the adds drop the mpg it's still all good.

Fun video, hope people keep testing the cr-z out and get fun surprises.

:)

-Hoi

·
Registered
234 Posts
The civic is an FN2. Its the european type r. I think its a torsion beam rear like our car and it has a variant of the K20 in it im pretty sure.
Correct! K20A2 201HP

The standard TypeR has no LSD. There is a limited Edition available only in CCW that has a LSD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.