Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling the rear splash guards off my old car, and realize that the Honda place I had install them did NOT use the brackets. Why? I have no clue.

But, I don't have these brackets and it seems like there is no way to get them via Honda:

Or.. does this mean buying another set? I'm thinking its going to have to be buying another set if I cant find these anywhere, or something that would work.

Not sure why they chose to do this the lazy way, but, I'm a bit pissed about it. My guess is they didn't want to pull the rear bumper entirely? Not sure. Wish they would have saved me the damn brackets though!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why did you take them off?
Why did I take the splash guards off the car? Well, because, is wrecked.

Putting them on my new crz, but realized the Honda place I paid to install them never used the brackets.. This was years ago. So no getting them back now!

·
Super Moderator
4,573 Posts
Why did I take the splash guards off the car? Well, because, is wrecked.

Putting them on my new crz, but realized the Honda place I paid to install them never used the brackets.. This was years ago. So no getting them back now!

I had no Idea there were brackets but i did not install mine or the replacement from the Hit and run. I have a box of 3 of them on the shelf I should see if the instructions mention a bracket.

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Pulling the rear splash guards off my old car, and realize that the Honda place I had install them did NOT use the brackets. Why? I have no clue.

But, I don't have these brackets and it seems like there is no way to get them via Honda:

Or.. does this mean buying another set? I'm thinking its going to have to be buying another set if I cant find these anywhere, or something that would work.

Not sure why they chose to do this the lazy way, but, I'm a bit pissed about it. My guess is they didn't want to pull the rear bumper entirely? Not sure. Wish they would have saved me the damn brackets though!!
If you live close by that same dealership, it wouldn't hurt to tell them your story, and ask them if they have an extra bag of them in the miscellaneous parts bin.... I have ONE of the brackets, for sure, but I used two of the other ones for another fabrication idea.... I just didn't put the rear set on my other CR-Z because I didn't want to drill holes in the bumper. My thoughts at the time, was to mount them without the brackets, but with the other supplied screws and put a bead of windshield sealant along the edge to hold them tight where the brackets were designed to go.

I can send you the incomplete packet of parts, if you want, and maybe you can take the ONE good bracket in the bag to the dealership to compare--and maybe one of the Techs might find a couple to spare to complete the kit.:|

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Spdbump @litz : so, between the two of you.. you have 4 brackets?? :)

How come you guys didnt use yours??

Seems like they just screwed the rain guards into the bumper when they installed mine. It worked fine. What is the point of the brackets really? just hold better?

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
@Spdbump @litz : so, between the two of you.. you have 4 brackets?? :)

How come you guys didnt use yours??

Seems like they just screwed the rain guards into the bumper when they installed mine. It worked fine. What is the point of the brackets really? just hold better?
Sounds like we might have a complete set between us. I DID use my brackets on my CVT, but the 6-Speed didn't have them when I got it, so I just bought a set, intending to put all four mud guards on, but only got the fronts on at first since they were easiest, and just haven't gotten around to putting the rears on. I may actually have sold the rear mud guards, but the guy who bought them didn't need/want the hardware, if I remember it right. I'd say the brackets will hold better than just screwing the screws into the plastic bumper, since the screws WITH the bracket work more as a nut, bolt, and washer fastener combined.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I'd say the brackets will hold better than just screwing the screws into the plastic bumper, since the screws WITH the bracket work more as a nut, bolt, and washer fastener combined.
If you have a tendency to kick the built up iceberg from your wheel well in the winter, you'll appreciate the extra support.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Between all of us on the Forum we probably have all the parts for 2 more cars...
Thats hilarious and probably true.

OP let me know if Litz and Spd can't find them I think I may have some of these as well. Replaced one of the guards that got mangled and got a whole kit.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Between all of us on the Forum we probably have all the parts for 2 more cars...

OP let me know if Litz and Spd can't find them I think I may have some of these as well. Replaced one of the guards that got mangled and got a whole kit.
Check and see if you have them still.

I need 4 brackets. @litz @Spdbump .. let me know how I can get you money for shipping or what not if you have some.

Send me an email if you can to my username at Hotmail. My net access is limited right now, but I have email.

Can PayPal a couple bucks for shipping or whatever you wanna do.

Thanks all!! You guys rock!

·
Super Moderator
4,573 Posts
As I have almost a full set I will not be selling or donating any parts from it. Sorry 😐 :frown2:

Check and see if you have them still.

I need 4 brackets. @litz @Spdbump .. let me know how I can get you money for shipping or what not if you have some.

Send me an email if you can to my username at Hotmail. My net access is limited right now, but I have email.

Can PayPal a couple bucks for shipping or whatever you wanna do.

Thanks all!! You guys rock!

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts

Check and see if you have them still. ...
Here's a pic of what I have left of the bracket set. Maybe Koala can find the remaining brackets.
I'll just send them out to you--no charge--won't be much more than the cost of a postage stamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a pic of what I have left of the bracket set. Maybe Koala can find the remaining brackets.
I'll just send them out to you--no charge--won't be much more than the cost of a postage stamp.
Sent you a PM!!

Also sent Koala one too. Hopefully I can get a full set between you two and get these things on my new car. The right way.

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
Sent you a PM!!

Also sent Koala one too. Hopefully I can get a full set between you two and get these things on my new car. The right way.
Got ya covered!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
y'all got me wanting to put splash guards on.
You should. You can get the full set now for like $70. Worth their weight in gold if you live in a dirty, snowy, mud ridden part of the world like me! Hell, even just sticking my front ones back on reduced the amount of dirt buildup on the side of my car. It's amazing what they do really. Keeps rock scratches away too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You should. You can get the full set now for like $70. Worth their weight in gold if you live in a dirty, snowy, mud ridden part of the world like me! Hell, even just sticking my front ones back on reduced the amount of dirt buildup on the side of my car. It's amazing what they do really. Keeps rock scratches away too.
Yea, especially with the stickier tires I just picked up from Shawn... re71r gravel slingers... and I've got a gravel alley.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts