Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just noticed a strange and extremely annoying and possibly dangerous situation. I rarely use my horns but today I laid it out for a lady on her phone whom almost ran me off the road...to make this long story longer, I noticed that when my horns Were depressed for about 3 second (laid it on her) my radio got louder as I kept my horns on, then turn down by itself when I stopped. huh? I tried duplicating the issue and the same occurrence, I took great care as not to depress any other buttons on the steering wheel. Grounding wires when pressing on steering wheel? :angry:

Any ideas, hate to bring the car to the dealer and hear that same " can't duplicate " answer!!!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
There is a setting in the audio controls called SVC which is designed to compensate for additional noise by raising the volume of the audio system. (intended for a situation where you open a window or something)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Yea I was kinda looking at that in the owners manual. It states it is directly related to the speed of the car as opposed to sensing external noise. But... Interesting. Might have to play with it in a parking lot or something to see for meself....

·
Registered
395 Posts
I't so when you come to a slow down and stop you can hear traffic. As you accelerate it get's louder. This is standard in every car for the last 5 years or so... and is something you can turn off -- just press sound on the radio and go pass bass and treble and sub to svc -- it has off, low, mid, high, etc..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I didnt know what that svc stood for just realized it made my radio louder when I had it on high. But I did know my volume goes up when I drive, I sometimes get mad when I get to a light and the volume goes down, ESP on a good song. Does the svc raise the volume more with higher setting or on a lower setting?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was surprised also that the crz came with the volume adjustment feature. I remember asking the dealer if the car came with it and he had no idea. Day I got it I noticed the volume changing and when I hit the owner manual I saw SVC feature. Always nice to get more then what you expected

·
Registered
5 Posts
"I was surprised also that the crz came with the volume adjustment feature. I remember asking the dealer if the car came with it and he had no idea. Day I got it I noticed the volume changing and when I hit the owner manual I saw SVC feature. Always nice to get more then what you expected"

Honda= Exceeding Expectations!:hi5:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.