Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got your attention with the thread title eh? :p

Okay, as I was leaving class today and pulled out of the parking garage I noticed something that I've not noticed before. The small things like this continue to astound me still. So anyway, long story short, the dash sparkles! The portion thats behind your steering wheel. It's a pearlecent - just like the paint on the outside of the car. I thought it was just flat black all this time. Since I noticed it this morning; I've not been able to keep my eyes off of it. *lol* So if you've never noticed this already, then don't worry. But if not.....

Next time your in the sunlight, take a close look at the dash portion right behind the steering wheel. It's got blue,purple, and silver metalic flakes in it. I thought it was pretty cool. I'm still being suprised by the crz. The small things like this make me smile and happy I bought this car! So go check it out.....NOW!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dust doesn't sparkle purple, grey, silver.....; I too keep my car immcaulate. I detail it every week inside and out. So trust me, it's not dust.
Look really close. Depends how the sun hits it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It sure does.. Ive noticed it since i got the car! The first place i noticed it was around the guages. Kinda cool, I actually figured most ppl noticed it lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's hard for me to see this in standard light, but I can see it quite clearly when I'm wearing polarized sunglasses. With any of my gray polarized lenses the binnacle hood is slightly purple and pearlescent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed this today as I was cleaning it for an upcoming Cars and Coffee.

My first reaction was “OMG My dash sparkles! I need to take a picture!” and then naturally I jumped on the forum to see if anyone else noticed it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
It's hard for me to see this in standard light, but I can see it quite clearly when I'm wearing polarized sunglasses. With any of my gray polarized lenses the binnacle hood is slightly purple and pearlescent.
Polaroids do odd things to many parts of the interior and displays, and window patterns. For fun, turn you head sideways. While stopped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.