Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to remove the spare today to tinker in the hatch. i had to get a breaker bar out to turn the bolt that holds the spare in place. Joking about the breaker bar but i did get out a wrench to turn the thing. so i wanted to give you a heads up to check that bolt that holds the spare in place. i also recommend putting anti-seize paste on the bolt to help with removal over the years. i am NOT talking about lug nuts, i am talking about the single "T" bolt that holds down the spare in the rear hatch.

fyi.

·
Registered
65 Posts
spare in car

notice center "T" bolt, that's the bolt that was super tight.

Thanks "zeropiontzero" for the pics. I think a trip to the dealer is in order. When I ordered the car I was ill-informed:angry: that there is no spare for the CR-Z. Never did like the idea of driving around with no spare just a can of squirt stuff just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah we get a can of squirty stuff and a hazard triangle instead!
I heard its bad to use that in tyres that have the pressure sensors in the valve stem, it'll gum them up.

You don't get a spare tyre, that is strange. But you do get leather seats, heated seats, headlamp washers, and a bunch of other stuff. I think you got the better deal.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this post has close to 500 views, has anyone else checked the bolt i mentioned and if so, was it overly tightened? mine was super tight, had to use a wrench to free the T bolt.

just curious because maybe my car was built by a Super Ninja...... :pP:

·
Registered
112 Posts
^I checked yesterday as I was cleaning out my CR-Z. I was able to remove the bolt just fine. I will say it was pretty snug, but definitely not "Super Ninja" tight!. Perhaps my dealership loosened it up during prep, that or... Well, no need to expose areas in which we could work on! :grin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.