Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived with check in hand to buy the fully loaded silver cr-z - 1st one in my town, but was woefully disappointed. First, the visibility inside is quite limiting, especially looking towards the rear driver, and passenger sides. Backing up was quite concerning as you could not clearly visualize while turning your head back to see... Further, no keyless entry or keyless start - the old fashioned key start - ludicrous for a 2011 vehicle. Also, no satellite in the fully loaded with navigation options, in spite of an ugly shark's fin on top of the roof. Acceleration was poor, especially to get on an on-ramp with cars going 65 mph plus... I know a lot you are lovestruck, as I was, but take a test drive before you fork over the dough... I'm not a big guy either, but still felt really closed in... All the best to you on your travels... :sadwavey:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I suppose one could break a fingernail or two unlocking a car's door the old-fashioned way....:rolleyes:
:rotfl: he brought out the :rolleyes: one of my fav hahaha
O yea i thought it had a really nice amount of room considering the appearance of the car from the outside.. im 6"1 andd fit nicely
:yeahthat:

i'm 5'10" @ 225lbs and i fit just fine... in fact the salesperson who showed me the car was 6'2" at least 180lbs and he was pleased with the space and was even showing me how much the seats could go back so he could relax if he wanted...

·
Registered
51 Posts
^ agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree with the comments about lack of keyless entry and keystart, its 2011, my friend has a Mazda 3 and walks to the car, sits in, starts it and he's away, none of this key nonsense - imo keyless would be a massive improvement but certainly not a deal breaker.

As I said, I'm waiting 12-18 months before I buy as the GT is way overpriced here in the UK :(

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I can see the rear visability being an issue, but I'm 195cm tall, and I have a better sitting position in the CR-Z then in my Accord. As for the acceleration, it isn't powerfull car, but it is still quicker then most the stuff in the same range.

Personally I got the car as an alternative to getting something like a VW Caddy, as I will be using it for work. I didn't need a large boot, I just need an echonomic car to transport mainly computer components and get me out to my clients. The CR-Z does that and more, and is still fun to drive. I even got a roof rack for my snowboard.

It isn't a car for everyone, but for my needs and my taste it hit the spot right on. If I get bored with the performance, I'll just throw a blower in it ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
^ agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree with the comments about lack of keyless entry and keystart, its 2011, my friend has a Mazda 3 and walks to the car, sits in, starts it and he's away, none of this key nonsense - imo keyless would be a massive improvement but certainly not a deal breaker.

As I said, I'm waiting 12-18 months before I buy as the GT is way overpriced here in the UK :(
In the UK we do get remote keyless entry, and keyless start (albeit we have to put the key in before we press the start button).

·
Registered
80 Posts
the keyless thing is not always a good idea. i had a loan of a megane with this system and you can forget that you need a key and end up assuming you have one in your pocket and leaving it behind etc. in all the use of a key is not a problem with a remote lock.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
OK my natural pace in my car is 5 - 10 miles faster then the rest, so i dont need my rear view as much but do glance no and then to make sure theres no cops behind be. I did find it alittle bit of a pain to reach behind me to get the seat belt, but i may not have had the seating set well enough to make it easy as well as comfortable to drive. Still love it

·
Registered
122 Posts
I arrived with check in hand to buy the fully loaded silver cr-z - 1st one in my town, but was woefully disappointed. First, the visibility inside is quite limiting, especially looking towards the rear driver, and passenger sides. Backing up was quite concerning as you could not clearly visualize while turning your head back to see... Further, no keyless entry or keyless start - the old fashioned key start - ludicrous for a 2011 vehicle. Also, no satellite in the fully loaded with navigation options, in spite of an ugly shark's fin on top of the roof. Acceleration was poor, especially to get on an on-ramp with cars going 65 mph plus... I know a lot you are lovestruck, as I was, but take a test drive before you fork over the dough... I'm not a big guy either, but still felt really closed in... All the best to you on your travels... :sadwavey:
The CR-Z is a $19k economical 2-seater with a sporty edge... Sounds like what you're looking for is a Luxury Minivan. Great visibility, backup sensors, keyless ignition, V6 power.

Took a lengthy test drive (120 miles) and if it wasn't a matter of choosing between S2000 and CR-Z I would have already forked over my dough. Great car for the price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.