Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My question seems simple enough.

When playing a song from say, an iPod, you can press the TITLE button to switch between no text display, Artist, Album, or Song name.

Is there any way to set it so that it cycles through them on its own?

I'm sure I'm not alone in sometimes wanting to see what the song's name is, or who sings it.

Seems strange to me that I have to reach over and press TITLE to change that manually.

I don't see anything about it in the Owner's Manual.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
My iPod automatically displays each song title, artist and album as they play. I have never changed any settings, that's just the way it worked by default.

My question...related... is if we can get the radio to do the same thing. My wifes 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee does, but it seems that my new state of the art Honda does not.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
For me it just showes the song currently paused on the ipod while spotify is playing. Well I should say it used to, as when I switched to an iPhone 4 the USB connection doesn't work anymore. Want to rip out the stock stereo more and more every day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies...
I was in fact talking about the iPod/USB connection.

I Have a non-navi version (thats all we get in Canada).
THe radio will show me the song/artist, depending which station i listen to.

However my ipod (1st gen ipod nano, if that makes a difference) either shows nothing, just the artist, just the song, or just the album, depending what I have selected using the "Title" button.

If i have it set to artist, then all 500+ songs will only show me the artist, unless i manually press title and switch it.

However, since WildBill says it changes on its own, im wondering if maybe it's the fact that i have an old ipod plugged in.

The manual says the original ipod nano is compatible, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

I'll try my iPhone 4 and see if that does it.

(in response to Varg, my iPhone 4 worked on the drive home from the dealer... did yours stop working after a firmware update or something?)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
im on a Non-Nav. and i'd like to point out that the information being posted on the radio for a USB storage device (not "player" device like iPod) will display what is in the FILENAME and not the ID3 Tag of the file. I had an mp3 with the wrong info in the filename but i had changed the info in the ID3 Tag, it still displayed the filename version on the radio.

as for having it cicle through artist, album and song name there is no way to do that, the radio was not designed that way. I personally just leave it on song name.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your replies!

I tried out my iPhone 4 as well, but it doesnt cycle through the tags.

I guess honda didn't think that would be a worthwhile feature?
I find it a bit strange that Ive gotta reach over and press a button just to see what artist/song is playing, but oh well.

Despite that little oddity, I still love the car! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.