Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking on cars.com shows that a few red CRZs have recently arrived at a few dealers. Don't have confirmation but at least 3 dealers show red cars in their online inventories.

1 in Florida
1 in South Carolina
1 in Connecticut

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
According to Nelson Honda in Los Angeles they have a red CR-Z on there lot. They also have a silver EX manual there- the exact one I want. I have to go to San Diego Sunday for training and come back on Friday. I plan on stopping by and finally going for a test drive.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of Red CRZs are presently arriving or in transit to dealers as of today October 13, 2010.

Now I use the term "lots" loosely since we are probably talking about fewer than 75 cars, but those in the USA looking for, or waiting for, a red CRZ, now at least have a shot at finding one.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who would drive an hour away without making a phone call first???

The red cars started production at around serial number 5200 or higher. So if the car you find in an online inventory is lower than 5200, then is is probably incorrectly listed.

Lots of cars, like mine, have been pre sold, so they may show up in the dealers inventory but unless you call the dealer and check first, there is a good chance that the car has already been pre sold.

Then there are cars that have sold, but the dealer leaves showing in their inventory because they want to find more potential customers.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have had a red one on order for almost 3 months now. It was supposed to be here two weeks ago but something caused a delay (they arent sure what) but it's now supposed to be here this week/end/next week. I've got my VIN# and it ends in 5152 :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm not sure how accurate that 5200+ VIN is b/c i saw a few weeks ago a red one on the hwy driving the opposite direction of me... i even made a thread in the Spotted forum... point is, i doubt that one had a VIN that high...
The car you saw was almost certainly one of the press cars because there were no owners checking in with red purchases from September.

The serial numbers now reveal that Red CRZs are being produced on a regular basis along with all the other colors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ordered mine end of August. At that time he estimated production second week September and arrival second half of October. So far he has been right on. Now targeting this Friday and he has the armrest ordered to be ready :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dealer called today. They were unloading it off the truck. Picked it up tonight.

Milano Red/6MT. Vin BS005157.

Feels awesome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.