Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been comparing suspension oem part numbers for our cr-z and the 09-10 Fit.
No big surprise! Springs, struts, rubber mounts, nuts, bolts, etc. They're all the same!

That means suspensions already developed suspension setups for 09-10 Fit's will fit on our cr-z.

Fortunerox has just fitted Function and Form coilovers for the Fit onto his CR-Z.

This opens alot of doors for us.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
So, bad news - the part numbers for eibach (as one example) are different from new fit to crz -- fit is 4081.140 and crz is 4085.140 --- Im sure due to total weight and distribution differences. I'm sure stuff would swap back and forth but I would recommend going with CR-Z part numbers.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
in this case, if fortune already fitted function and forms I think its a safe bet to use the same suspension as the 09+ Fit. When choosing i would pick something with a similar spring rate to the CR-Z coilovers that are out. If the fit spring rates are slightly less many companies including function and form do let you choose custom rates within a few kg/m. F&F's are very affordable and for non tracked cars will hold up well. Same with other brands already available for the CR-Z

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the cars both weigh in the 2600-2700 range.....im sure the spring rates will end up being similar.

the 2010 fit sportlines drop you 1.8"F/2.0"R
progressive rates are:
front 126-194 lbs per inch
rear 69-217 lbs per inch

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theres only only way to find out and thats to be the test subject.
im gonna get the fit sportlines.....they are on ebay for $193/shipped
or maybe check the fit forums and see if theres a used set somewhere...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
the cars both weigh in the 2600-2700 range.....im sure the spring rates will end up being similar.

the 2010 fit sportlines drop you 1.8"F/2.0"R
progressive rates are:
front 126-194 lbs per inch
rear 69-217 lbs per inch
yes but the crz has more weight in the back due to the battery. the reason why the t1r springs sag is because they are the springs for the fit.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
so this is why you get custom rates. in my research the fit rear springs are around 1kg/m lighter than the CR-Z on average. Contact the MFG direct and see if you can get custom rates. F&F does custom rates and i know Tein does also.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so somewhere on here, the stock spring rates were determined in kg/mm
can someone tell us the stock spring rates converted to lbs/inch???

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
by the way. i spoke with AMR, the company building my coilovers. They also make coilover for the Fit. I mentioned this thread and asked if there are differences in the two setups they make. They report that the valving is different and there are slight differences with the damper. Matching spring rates will not give you the same coilover as is made for the CR-Z

taikahn is probably right. the few hundred dollars you can save by getting Fit coils may not be worth it due to the piece of mind sacrificed. I guess we can all stay tuned for more info on this.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
true that.....the eibach sportlines will be out soon for the cr-z anyways.....
i'd rather wait until i can find a set of aftermarket shock/strut too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.