Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so. I wanna put some love into my car, but can't afford any manifold swaps, body kits or engine mods and whatnot. Eventually, hopefully, I'll get my hands on some of those, and some new tires lol. In the mean time, I figured I would spice the ride up and treat the car for allowing me to get away with the shenanigans that should cripple me. Here are some pictures of a few aesthetic things I found on the Ol' Reliable. Thoughts? I'll put a pic of my car up as well for reference.
Here is the beauty as she stands now.

I have the red badge swaps, and the steering wheel badge as well. To complete the look I'm gonna buy a 4 piece set of "oem" type R rim caps, which if my math checks out will fit and look pretty nice. Also I will invest a couple bucks into that vinyl rim trim, cuz why not.

I think the red/gray combo will look really nice, so I found a racing body stripe along w some mirror ones. I will try to straighten it out once I attempt to put it on, but I'm not sure it would look good on a CRZ. I saw a few different stripes I liked, but most said mustang or sports or something on it so I went with the plain. Also some of the vinyl interior trim as well that I wanna put in the grille and a spot in the rear.

I feel like it might be a bit much, but it fits my "hey look at me driving completely safely and legally, don't pull me over please" (unintentional) persona (as I've been told lol). Also some red angel wing decals to go on either side of the rear badge. All reviews are moderate-good, I am not expecting any hundred dollar quality items, but everything here plus some adhesive Mugen badges come under 100 dollars. So its a steal! With wonderfully forgiving return policies 馃槒. So yeah, that's the story. Sorry for the essay, thoughts anyone? Also links to things others recommend would be appreciated! If you would like any of these links, just ask!

Super Moderator
I am not into Vinyl stripes but the wheel centers and rim strips would add pop but not too much and IMO would go well with the other red accents you added. :)

Premium Member
I think that Mustang stripe might look better if you taper it from the rear edge, down to where it turns solid, if you know what I mean. ...something to run with the curves of the CR-Z--even angle it up as it goes to the rear of the car. Best to just get some painter's tape and do a mock up before placing the real stripes. It's all in what strikes your fancy. Easy to undo your "great" idea too, just in case it inspired you to an even greater idea. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I think that Mustang stripe might look better if you taper it from the rear edge, down to where it turns solid, if you know what I mean. ...something to run with the curves of the CR-Z--even angle it up as it goes to the rear of the car. Best to just get some painter's tape and do a mock up before placing the real stripes. It's all in what strikes your fancy. Easy to undo your "great" idea too, just in case it inspired you to an even greater idea. :)
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK that sounds like fun to me lmao thank you

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I am not into Vinyl stripes but the wheel centers and rim strips would add pop but not too much and IMO would go well with the other red accents you added. :)
heck yeah! im gonna hold off on the big stripe, im really into the mirror ones but the big one is gonna take some thought. definitely the wheels first though, thank you!

Registered
I did a little something similar. I saw it on another crz on here somewhere and thought it looked cool without drawing too much attention.

Side note.... when doing the pinstriping on the wheels, take them off first and lay them flat so you're not working against gravity. I learned that the hard way. Gave up after realizing why/how I was attempting it.... and had already spent several hours washing and applying the vinyl else where that I just gave up and decided to try it another day.

Anyhoo....i like your center hub accent idea. I'm planning on getting the type r badges at some point as well, but they be pricy....and always back ordered..... want that jdm hazard switch too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I did a little something similar. I saw it on another crz on here somewhere and thought it looked cool without drawing too much attention.

Side note.... when doing the pinstriping on the wheels, take them off first and lay them flat so you're not working against gravity. I learned that the hard way. Gave up after realizing why/how I was attempting it.... and had already spent several hours washing and applying the vinyl else where that I just gave up and decided to try it another day.

Anyhoo....i like your center hub accent idea. I'm planning on getting the type r badges at some point as well, but they be pricy....and always back ordered..... want that jdm hazard switch too.
Oh wow yeah that鈥檚 actually gonna make a huge difference. Thank you for the idea! Also the badges i鈥檝e got were only 40 bucks for the two on eBay, but you know they aren鈥檛 genuine and apparently they are both some Accord鈥檚 grille badges. They fit perfectly on the rear and with a little extra adhesive on the front to keep it looking even and fitted. I want the hazard light button as well you sparked an interest in me :LOL:.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
HEY ALL! Big update, a little delayed! Yes I am a total addict to stickers, but here we are! I slapped the red side stripes, moulding trim and red blade honda badges and mugen badges for either side of the car (those two are hard to see if you are interested i can post better pics). Haven't gotten to the wheels yet, but I have that fancy head/tail light strip with the cool scrolling turn signals coming in the mail hopefully soon as well. Here she is! Hope it's as pretty to others as it is to me lol! Thanks for all the ideas and stuff, I know it's all cheap rice mods or whatever but were ballin' on a budget! First big money purchase would be a spoiler, interested in bigger wheels but these rims are just the best things on the planet. ALSO I ordered Red H Type R rim caps, but they don't fit (i am an idiot), so if anyone one has any ideas on how i can go about coloring the ones I already have, or would be interested in buying the caps I ordered from ebay, please tell! Thanks again guys, enjoy the view :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts